Friday, July 22, 2011

Schmorgasbord with Bling

And she thinks she has no bling.

Right!



1 Hello Kitty flashlight
1 angel dress costume tied up into a rockin' top
1 wig (on loan from a neighbor)
__________________________________

1 inner star unleashed - priceless




*******************************************

The kids made a quick, 2- act Star Wars skit for us way back on Father's Day.  Guess who Little Man was?



I thought that was pretty darn creative!


*******************************************************

I had purchased these two books to read over our vacation.




I didn't read either of them!

Since we've been back, I have started  Dr. Meeker's.  I thought it would be a good one as we prepare for the upcoming school year.

Mamarazzi.  I swear the kids think I'm stalking them most of the time!  LOL


*****************************************

Yogurtville.....(Sigh.....)

Took the kids to "lunch" the other day.   A celebration to kick off the first day of school on Monday.  Hell, when it's this hot, what else is there to do?!






Okay.  Not completely healthy.

Mine is on the bottom right - Belgium chocolate and New York cheesecake flavored yogurts with granola, yogurt chips and itty-bitty pieces of cheesecake sprinkled on top.

Yes.  It was very good!!!


*************************************


New TLC show on Monday 9pm CST, Surprise Homecoming hosted by Billy Ray Cyrus.  What an amazing (and emotional) show honoring not just our troops arriving home but the families who sacrifice so much waiting on the home front for them!


********************************

David took me out for a delicious lunch to celebrate our anniversary.





(Picture - compliments of Ester.)

We arrived home to find a scrumptious chocolate cake cooling on the counter and smelling the house up in the most yummy way!



Candles and all!

They can drive us absolutely insane....but we love them to the moon and back!


*********************************


Weather.  Okay.  I'm going to complain.  July and August are miserable for us like your January winter is for you all up in the Midwest. Darn right miserable.

This summer, the heat was bad by mid-June. 

Drought.  You may have heard what a horrible drought the state of Texas is in...the third worst drought in history (since record keeping started.)

Watching the weather report....

Cotton crops are ruined.  (Watch for the cotton prices to jump.)  Cattle are being sold.  (Beef prices will drop dramatically and then rise sharply do to a shortage.)


The only thing that will knock the drought/heat out...a tropical storm!  Yes, people are actually hoping for a tropical storm to hit Texas.


*********************************************

Stay cool.  Rock your weekend.  And don't forget...eat your ice cream!  When I raise my spoon let's all charge for our freezers!

 (Spoon now raised :)

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Happy Friday Patty. love your schmorgashboard of happenings. the costumes are too cute! I love your pic of you and David. I can feel the love!! We too are in a heat wave. today big black clouds and rain rain rain!! yay, we're supposed to get rain all weekend, but we need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture of you & David! I can't watch those homecoming shows...I end up bawling my eyes out. Your kids are "super-stahs"! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post and fun to see what you are up to. GREAT photo of you and David and SO sweet that your chocolate kisses made you guys a cake:) I've heard lots of people talk about Meg Meeker's book...eager to hear more about it. I have so many books "in line"! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could go for some yogurt right about now...that looks so yummy!

    BTW - you won my giveaway. Send me an e-mail with your t-shirt size and address.

    Happy belated anniversary! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yogurt looks good! Tell your daughter she definitely has bling! BTW, now I am seeing the feather in the hair thing everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails