Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sausage Drop Biscuits

Wanting a warm, yummy breakfast?   These are new in our house and are they a hit!

Sausage Drop Biscuits




Ingredients:
1 pound Bob Evans/ Jimmy Dean sausage, browned.  (I used the rolls).
3 c Bisquick baking mix
1 c milk
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
seasoning of your choice.  I used onion powder.

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet until browned.  Drain on paper towels.  Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl; mix well.  Mix in sausage.  Shape dough into 2 inch balls; place on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.  Serve hot with butter, if desired.  Refrigerate leftovers.

Prep Time:  10 minutes
Cook Time:  12 minutes
Ready in:  22 minutes
Servings:  28

**I used my big 2 tablespoon cookie dough scooper to form these.**

And for those who like to spice it up...here is the Southwestern version.

Ingredients:
1 pound Bob Evans/Jimmy Dean sausage, browned.
1 c chopped green onions
3 c Bisquick baking mix
1 c milk
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 c seeded, diced fresh or drained canned tomatoes
1 dash cayenne pepper

Directions:
Same as above.


Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

7 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'm a gal who is a sucker for sausage...I don't think I could make these for fear of eating the whole batch on my own! I'll file this away for a day when we have company and I'd be held accountable for what I put in my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my kids would love those, especially the boys:) We made your Italian Beef yesterday...yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy breakfast, here we come!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, boy, these sound good! Is this one from your new recipe a week idea?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids would be crazy for these!! Thanks for the recipe, it looks easy too :) You're doing great on your goal of trying new recipes. I haven't felt like cooking much this summer, tonight we had BLT's :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delicious Patty. thanks for sharing. we shall have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makin' them tomorrow!

    Also- I am fun with "Pandora" radio- I just take one of your picks and plug it in. I get the best music. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails