Sunday, June 5, 2011

Comfort Foods II

Easy Lima Beans

Let me say that my family would not eat lima beans until I started preparing them this way.  Now they love them!


Ingredients:
1 1/2 c chicken broth
1 (16 oz) package frozen baby lima beans
1/2 c butter

Directions:
1.  Bring broth and butter to a boil.  Add lima beans and cover.  Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes until beans are tender.

*I also added onion powder to taste.

Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time:  30 mins
Servings: 6 (we can stretch that.)

~  Patty  ~

2 comments:

  1. Funny, just the other day Bob and I were talking about things we didn't like and I said "I will never eat another Lima Bean - ever!" I just remember them being so disgusting from childhood and having to sit at the table until they were gone! But, maybe I should give them another shot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny. WE were just talking about lima beans the other day too. Patty, I used to ((literally)) gag as a child when my mom served lima beans.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails