Monday, June 13, 2011

Black Bottom Cupcakes

This is a scrumptious cupcake with a surprise filling made of cream cheese and chocolate chips.  Yum! Yum!



(Unfrosted to show you the finished baked product.)

Filling - combine in small mixing bowl.

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/3 c sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips

Mix cream cheese, egg, sugar, and salt together.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Set filling aside.

Batter - sift together

1 1/2 c flour
1 c sugar
1/2 c cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Add: 
1 c water
1/3 c oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tsp vanilla

Beat together until well mixed.  Fill paper cups 1/2 to 2/3 full.  Top each with 1 heaping teaspoon of cream cheese filling mixture.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 30 minutes.  Cool completely before frosting.

NOTE:  The batter only makes about 15 cupcakes so you can either double batter or halve filling.  I may use a boxed cake mix next time and just add the filling.

~  Patty  ~

4 comments:

  1. it looks wonderful!! (I don't eat chocolate, so I'm wondering if I could substitute something else for the chocolate chips ... maybe butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips). I love cream cheese!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Gardenia! I imagine this could be tweaked in a few different (delicious) ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! That looks yummy! I would think it would taste great with the chips that Gardenia mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always post the best recipes! I'm going to try to pulled pork, soon! I love cream cheese and chocolate together...these look yummo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails