Friday, May 20, 2011

Wrapping Up Our Week 5/20/11



~ On My Mind ~

As I type this, we are in the midst of a thunderstorm.  I love a thunderstorm during the middle of the day!

General Studies:

*Ester and Mabel finished their CAT achievement tests this week.  At this age, I proxy them myself.  Mabel thought they were "actually kind of fun"  :)

*Sally will take her CAT 5 achievement test next week in a group setting.

Kindergarten:

Stan....not sure what to do.   I may start with some of Seton (Religion, Math) and toss in Along the Alphabet Path program.  I'll work on his curriculum during the summer.

********************************************************

Remember what I said about thunderstorms?  This was a big onePower went out.  Let's try this again...

*********************************************************

Reading:

With the end of another quarter, the littles each received a new book.

Stan enjoys the Sam the Bear series.  This is his newest...



Mabel picked out this cute one...



Ester has received the third book in the Fairchild Family Series.  (The set has 4 books.)


(Sorry about the glare.)


Sally chose the final book in the series in The Texas Panhandle Series set...


She is such a sponge...she had it read within 36 hours and gives the series two thumbs up. 

*Hint* These book sets make great gifts for young girls!

Religion:

Mabel's First Communion...all set for June 4!  With Father leaving, we want to get it in.

The bad news?  Grammy will not be able to attend that soon.  (That is why we originally were waiting till the end of summer.)  That bothers us, but it is out of our hands. 

Check List:
*Religious preparation complete.
*Dress - the girls have all worn the same one.
*Veil - they each get to pick out their own.  A nice tradition.

I like ordering from The Catholic Children's Company.  They always have a nice selection of veils and get them to you on time.  (They request the FC date and follow all orders closely.)

But we did sweat for a bit... 

...the traditional First Communion season is over and their stock was pretty wiped out.  We went with our 4th pick.  Very pretty...but slim pickins'

What about our local store?  Wiped out as well. 

*Need shoes - will look over the weekend for some pretty white flats and tights.

*Dinner reception - plan on keeping it simple, delicious, and surrounded by good company.

*******************************************

Stop in at Jen's Forever, For Always, No Matter What for more home school ideas.

Happy Friday!

~  Patty  ~

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are coming to the end of your
    year. It is so wonderful that you have such readers! Do you think that boys would like the Fairchild series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love thunderstorms during the day! Sorry you lost power, glad it wasn't too long. Great idea to have the girls wear the same dress but different veil. Unfortunately we can't do that here, the oldest girl is the smallest!! I'm going to check out the book series you mentioned. Have a great weekend and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Mabel is able to make her First Communion before the priest leaves, but sorry your mom isn't going to be able to be there. I'm very impressed with the kids' book choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great list of books. I've had Little Nellie on my to buy book list for some time. I hear it is beautiful and a true story. I'll check the link you posted for the Catholic Company to see if they have it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE thunderstorms too! It's been raining for a week now...and they're forecasting rain through next Thursday now! No storms though, just lots and lots of rain. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you will have a lot going on with a First Communion coming up soon! Sounds like you are all prepared and organized:-) I'm going to check out the Fairchild series for my daughter. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter's FHC is the day before my son's. Happy weekend! :) I was fortunate that his Godmom (who is also his big sis) took him out a while back to get his suit, tie, shoes and all!

    I am going to look in to the Fairchild Family series for my niece.

    Thanks for your comment on Erin's grad. and for sharing your week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails