Monday, May 9, 2011

Recharged

It was a good weekend.  One much needed.

The girls and fellow choir members sang for a two hour long Confirmation Mass on Saturday.  When I told Ester how long it would take she said, "I'm going to die!"

I could only laugh.

Saturday afternoon found us at the pool.  But sadly...



...poor Stan had a cold (or it is his allergies working up).  He stayed home and hung with David.

Mothers Day. 

My one request was that I could have some time off.  Alone.  I really needed it this year.

I admit.  I did feel a smidge guilty seeing all these families enjoying their mother's company on Sunday but  I got over it.

My littles get to see me every single day.  All day.

And I relaxed.  I window shopped.  I browsed.  I tried on clothes.  I even pulled into a nail salon and had a pedicure! 

Oh my gosh!  It's been three years since my last one!  They are always a "gift", something I just don't do on my own.  And yes, I had birthday money left over from March to use. 




I think my toes are less than attractive  (my pinky toe does this weird curl in thing), but there is something about a pedicure that I believe can make the least becoming look quite pretty, don't you? 

As I was being pampered, I could see out the window and noticed all the beautiful summer dresses that ladies were wearing.  Quite beautiful to watch...and oh! adorable girlie sandals seen to be the rage right now.

Very feminine.  Very nice to see.

My pedicure cost $27.  Too much?  I have no idea what the going rate is for a basic pedicure.  You can be sure I won't wait another three years.


But I have to share with you what really has me recharged...



I'm so out of the loop.  I love coffee but have never heard of this before. A Keurig gourmet single cup.  (I'm not even sure how to pronounce it.)    Let's just say, it brews a great cup of coffee and will help definitely charge my batteries each morning. 


As I type, I raise my mug and toast you...here's to Monday.  May it be a better week than last!

Cheers!

~ Patty ~

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got some "YOU" pamper time. I want one of those fancy coffee makers, too. I've been eyeballing them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and may have to put my 20% off coupon to use soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great day to recharge! My pinky toe curls in the same way :) Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely toes! I got out to do the same thing with my Mom:-) What a treat, indeed. I have heard great things about those coffee makers...Hmmm, you have me thinking about a birthday request. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you got some alone time, just a little makes such a difference doesn't it. Pedicure looks great, there is something lovely about making your feet look pretty to give you a boost. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. we all need a day or two to recharge. Pedicures here are $47, so I say you got a good deal. Happy Blessed Mother's Day Patty !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kuerig AND a pedi! I'm so jealous! I get a deluxe pedi for $35...that's with the warm towels around your legs. So, I'd say you got a good deal, too!
    Enjoy your painted piggies! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails