Sunday, May 1, 2011

Polish Pope, Divine Mercy, and Anniversaries

Divine Mercy Sunday  and  the beatification of Pope John Paul II!!!

I still cannot believe how blessed I was to have grown up with this beloved, Polish Pope and now to be alive as the Church beatifies him.  Amazing!

Wishing you all the joy and grace from this special day.

**********************************************

And guess what?  I had my first blog anniversary!  I knew it was coming up and so I checked the calendar to find that it was to land on Easter this year!  (I thought that was pretty special!)

I didn't want to celebrate it on Easter Sunday, and I do have a strong devotion to the chaplet of Divine Mercy....so...I had decided to save it for this very special day.

*********************************************

And what was it exactly that prompted me to blog?

Oh my gosh!  Blogging has been my way of grasping every moment of life and enjoying it more since I turned 40.  I feel a bit triumphant knowing that I have dragged my feet and slowed life down (a bit)  by living for each day.

Blogging reminds me that:
my glass is half full, not half empty...

~ there is always a positive on the other side of a negative...

~I have so many fond memories to look back at...

~I determine my days by the way I think and feel...

Amazingly, my blog has blessed me with unexpected joys by finding so many incredible, faith-filled people out there and many new friends.

******************************************

I would love to give this precious picture to one of you.


Isn't it beautiful? 

It is small, but speaks volumes.

I found it at a Catholic gift shop on Palm Sunday weekend and thought it was so appropriate for my blog anniversary.

For those of you who live in the States and would like your name in the drawing, please let me know by next Friday, May 6.  (First Friday).

May you enjoy this very special, once in a lifetime, Divine Mercy Sunday.

~ Patty ~

11 comments:

  1. Abundant Anniversary Blessings, Patty! Here I thought you've been blogging for years;-) What a special day to celebrate. I love your reasons for blogging and would wholeheartedly agree. I would love to be entered to win that lovely picture and have a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I have not had much computer time, so haven't been leaving messages, but I DO read your posts!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a special day, isn't it? We have so many things to be thankful for within our Church!

    I agree, that blogging does help me to focus on the positive. It has become an electronic scrapbook to share with whomever is interested. I've enjoyed getting to "know" you through your blog. Thanks for sharing!

    And, the picture is great! Each time I look at it, I try to imagine myself as one of the sheep that Jesus cares so deeply for....now, to make my life reflect that! Please throw my name in the drawing.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that you had been blogging longer, for some reason! Happy blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blog Anniversary!

    I feel so blessed to have "met" you through blogging, you are such a source of inspiration and joy to me! Thanks my friend. Funny how God uses all different ways to bring people together.

    The picture is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great day and happy blogoversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love reading your blog, Patty. Happy blog anniversary!!!! I love your giveaway, too. What a pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happiest blessed-est anniversary to you, Patty. i agree that blogging has introduced me to other mothers walking this same path who share the same values and love of God, and struggles and joys. How blessed we all are to have found each other on this journey. it certainly lifts me up! And such a beautiful picture !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been so blessed by your blog!! Happy Anniversary. Please enter me in your giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blogging really is filled with blessings! Happy Blogiversary!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh please enter me Patty. How perfect it would be to win and put alongside Kaylee's first Holy Communion picture. Happy Blogging, so glad to joined in. I can only hope to be as good a blogger as you have become.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails