Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Our Family Business

We call it Kitchens Alive

And Praise God, all is going well.  We still have food on the table and a roof over our heads.  We take nothing for granted.  It is hard work...but God willing, it will be passed down to our children.


A neighbor was walking by and saw this....


He said, (and I quote), "That is the future of America!"

Good work ethics can never start too young.  Can I get an Amen!

Sally loves working alongside her dad.  She installs brackets onto the custom pull-out drawer boxes in between her school, homework and other chores. 

And she receives a paycheck for hard work well done. 

My parents instilled this motto into my life as I was growing up:: We buy your needs, you buy your wants.  They came from a genereation that knew constant "hand outs" would not amount to a hill of beans. 

Sally pays for some of her needs and almost all of her wants.   She has a good head on her shoulders and a bright future ahead of her.  Watching her and other hard working kids like her can only keep the hope alive for the future.  

***********************************

Don't forget, if you would like a chance to win the dainty picture of The Good Shepherd, enter your name on this post by Friday, May 6.


~ Patty ~

8 comments:

  1. That is wonderful, Patty! I agree, good work ethic is hard to find. She looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, what an awesome business you have. I checked out your web site. Those are neat devices. we finally got a pull out double trash can put into a cabinet in our kitchen, and it's the thing I love most about our kitchen remodel project! God bless your business. I think that motto is excellent and a true way to teach our children about the value of the dollar, and a hard day's work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great business. I have been curious about what you guys do! I love that the kids can get involved. Your home must be super organized :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your parents motto, I might just have to borrow it! Great pictures of Sally hard at work. Every time I see her she reminds me so much of my niece :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat business! My parents own their own business too and I understand all the hard work that goes into it. How great your daughter helps out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful that your husband has the patience to train in a young worker - I sometimes struggle with taking the time to teach skills. I know the long-term benefits, but sometimes just want to get it done fast. May God bless and watch over you in your family business!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shouting out a big "Amen!" Great job to Sally and Dad/Mom for the great work ethic:-) Did I already enter the drawing? If not, I'd love to enter. God Bless your business and family abundantly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting about your business! I enjoyed reading more and going over to your website. As an organizing/decluttering/seeking functionality junkie at our house, I'm sure I would absolutely love your products ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails