Friday, March 18, 2011

Wrapping Up Our Week 3/18/11



~ On My Mind ~

Batteries are recharged.  Ready for to start school on Monday.

Field trips

We toured the Cathedral Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in downtown Dallas.

We went to Fossil Rim Wildlife Center.  I'll post more on this fun and fantastic trip this weekend!  (It was our second time there - you know it is good when they want to go back!)

Reading/Religion

*For the Feast of St. Patrick, we read about St. Patrick as well as rainbows - wouldn't it be fun to slide down or find a pot of gold at the end of one?!



(The St. Patrick books ideas came from Catholic Mosaic.  The Rainbow books came from my old teaching days.)


We also watched this great DVD that many of you probably have seen...






*Reading material for the Littles (recommended by Catholic Mosaic)...




Note:  The Most Beautiful Gift in The World - perfect for reconciliation!  Little Rose of Sharon - perfect for Good Friday!

* In honor of St. Patrick's feast day, the littles made these fun rainbow cupcakes.  I tried to take pics of the different stages to share~


I found the recipe from Family Fun years ago, but a recent post at Tiffany's reminded me of them.  (My kids thank you, Tiffany.  It's been that long!)

They don't look as pretty as the ones in Family Fun, but they sure taste great!

Postcard Buddies

We received another postcard in the mail this week from Michigan.  Hello Michigan!




We received it from Jen and family.  Thank you, Jen!  The kids love. love. love. receiving mail (especially from other families around the country!)

Be on the look out.  We just stuck your postcards in the mail today. 

**************************************************************

For more fun, please join in at Jen's Forever, For Always, No Matter What!

~ Patty ~

12 comments:

  1. I think the cupcakes turned out beautifully. Postcards are so much fun, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those cupcakes, and I just now remembered I had promised to be a postcard buddy. so sorry I forgot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have some of the books you pictured and my kids love the St. Patrick's video (and all the saint videos from CCC) Love the cupcakes too! I will have to try them one day :) Hope you had a blessed St. Patrick's Day and are having a blessed Lent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes are GREAT! And the cardinal is beautiful! We have our own male cardinal fling around here and visiting our feeders. Stopping by from Forever, For Always, No Matter What!

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good old Michigan! Did you know Jen is nearly by neighbor? Seriously, 10 minutes away. And to think it took the blog world to connect us. I'm so thankful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patty~ Oh I can find a million reasdons to eat chocolate myself. I think you must live in Texas! I grew up in Dallas and your blog is bringing me back there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. St. Patrick's Day is a fun one isn't it!! Those cupcakes do look delicious. I am looking forward to hearing more about your most recent field trip. Oh and the postcard actually looks better on your blog than it did in real life! I am determined to get a better one. I know just the place to get one for Stan....

    Thanks for linking up and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rainbow cupcakes look really cute...and good! One nice thing about having almost grown boys: I fixed Irish Cream Brownies for dessert...with Irish Cream Frosting. YUMMY!
    Looks like y'all had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cupcakes are too cool! I have to file that idea away to brighten up a dreary day sometime in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look forward to hearing about the wildlife field trip. I have had to stretch myself a bit with my 3 boys to "get in to" animals, but I do try.

    Those cupcakes are awesome!! I did not check out the ones in Family Fun yet, but I can't imagine they look better than yours.

    I am glad that your batteries are feeling recharged!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great week. I keep hearing about the Rose of Sharon book but haven't picked it up yet. Just love those rainbow cupcakes... they were my inspiration to start with 3 colors! LOL Maybe we'll work up eventually;-) How do we participate in the postcard buddies? I remember you mentioning it but can't remember the rules...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is this about the postcards? I think I missed something :-/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails