Thursday, March 3, 2011

Some FYI's

Totally random thoughts here...

Candles~

Want to smell something  fresh and sweet but not too over-powering?  This is one I like to place in my kitchen in the spring.




You know it is a good one when people come in and say, "mmmmm....."
Someone once directed me to this next scent for a bathroom or bedroom...





Very subtle.  Very relaxing.  Just enough. 

Both scents are 25% off at Bed, Bath and Beyond right now.  (Well, they were on Monday:)

We were also able to use my 20% off discount coupon - love hearing that cha-ching!


***************************************

Irish Music~

Are you Irish?  Want to be Irish?  Need a little Irish?





Arthur Fiedler was one of my dad's favorite performers.  When listening to this little leprechaun during the month of March, I find myself wanting to do a little jig in my kitchen. 

 

You can find it on Amazon for $11.29 plus shipping.


*********************************************

Washing Machine Cleaner~






I have had this foul odor coming out of my washer over the past year or so.   Off and On.  More on than off as the time went by.

 My husband told me about this product.  Tried it once and so long odor.  

The box comes with 3 pouches - one per month. 

Did you know that they recommend washing out the machine/hoses once a month?  I had never heard of that until a couple of months ago.


6 comments:

  1. I love candles, but I don't use them as often as I would like, I still have "touchers"!! Do you have a high efficiency washer? Can it be used in those? Great tips, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washer cleaner...I needed that in the UK. Those rental homes sometimes has the most disgusting washers! Blech!

    Thanks for the advice, I will keep up with my new washer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, yes. I have a high efficiency set and this is the product I use. You run it through regular wash - MINUS the clothes - and it smells soooo good afterward.

    I put my kitchen candle way up high where Stan won't touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your little tips, Patty. You ought to keep a journal and maybe a book someday!? Yankee Candles are my first favorite candles but have never seen that scent. I'll keep a look out;-) Had no idea about cleaning the washer either...definitely needed over here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an excellent post Patty! love candles, love Irish music, and need need need to clean out my washing machine -- I had no idea you're supposed to clean out your washing machine, or that there was a product for that! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Tide cleaner is what I've used the past couple of months...it seems to get the job done! LOVE candles; I usually use the Fabreeze candles, or Bath & Body Works. I've started using the candle warmers; they work really well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails