Sunday, March 13, 2011

Patty Cake

(Hee hee!)  Couldn't resist that title. 

Ester wanted a checkerboard cake for her birthday this past week. 

I thought I'd share the anatomy of one in case you have never baked one yourself.  (I used white and chocolate cake mixes)





I baked and froze the cakes one week before her birthday since we had so much going on up to her birthday.  With the three layers, I could not even put my cake dome on - that's a lot of cake!

And here is a picture of the birthday girl with her birthday cake ~




I had almost forgotten to take a picture of the inside ~




It took 2 1/2  ( 1 lb) containers of the prepared (Duncan Hines) buttercream frosting. 

I purchased my Chicago Metallic checkerboard cake set years ago.  It is a fun cake, but very time consuming!


********************************

~ My chocolate kisses ~

( from Ester's birthday dinner ) 



Ester and her mama :)




7 comments:

  1. All of your girls have the sweetest smiles! And, you already know that Stan has my heart!
    That cake looks awesome! Looks like Ester had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive!!

    It looks like a truly happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention that I love the post title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great looking cake! I like the pictures of your lovely family celebrating together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you scared me away from that cake with "time consuming!" LOL But it sure looks super yummy. Birthday blessings to your Ester:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what a cake! I love the photos of your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails