Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Let There Be Light!

We had under cabinet lighting in our last house.  Loved 'em!!   Do you have them? 

After almost four years, David we finally got around to installing them in this house.

So what is the big deal about under cabinet lighting?  Take a look at my before and after photos::



(My ceiling lights were on in both pics.)

I'm so excited to finally be able to read my recipes!!!   After he finished, we kind of looked at each other in "duh" sort of way and asked, "Why didn't we do that sooner?!?!" 

The price for sight? 

Lowe's::

*(3)  20" fluorescent light boxes (plug-in and linkable) - these covered about 12' of counter top space when   centered under the wall cabinets.

*16' of  18 gauge wire

*(1) single switch/outlet

Total:  $60.00

~ Patty ~

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! I've been wanting to do this too. I priced them at IKEA, too much! I thank you for the Lowe's tip. My husband however, will probably not thank you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a huge difference. we just changed our kitchen countertops from white to very dark and we definitely notice that it is now harder to see in our kitchen even with all the lights one. This sounds like our needed solution, and for $60, that's hard to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a big difference! I was just complaining yesterday that my kitchen always seems so dark. Maybe my sister and I can get the guys to do both our kitchens in one weekend :) Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! When my dh insisted on including under counter lighting when he built our kitchen, I did not understand why. It did not take long to figure it out!

    Your counters look b-e-a-u-tiful. :)

    Have I mentioned how much I love playlist?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails