Friday, March 4, 2011

Birthday Girl

Spent with my favorite people in the whole, wide world!

~8am Mass....mass intention was for my father.  (What a great way to start a birthday out!)

~Taken out for breakfast...blueberry pancakes are my favorite :)

~Showered with love!











My mom told us the story of when I was due...in February. 

She was pregnant with me,  (number 5), and the oldest was only 5 1/2 years old.  All four siblings came down with the chicken pox at once.  Bad! 

Can you imagine?!?!?!

She said she would pray to God each day and night that she would not go into labor until the kids were over their illness.  Sure enough, at the first sign of healthiness, she went into labor and delivered a 10 pound baby girl...me!

Yowzer!

******************************************

I loved my pretty (and delicious) gifts!!



For you DFW folks...Central Market cakes are absolutely scrumptious!!!  I had a butter cream frosting and raspberry filling cake.  Divine (and affordable)!



8 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATTY!!!! These are beautiful pictures of your family and that's so nice you were able to spend your special day with your mom. WOW! What a story too about how your mom had 5 under 5 1/2 (and lived to tell it) :)
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment under my St. Joseph breadmaking post! It's such a blessing to share our Catholic faith with so many others around the world, isn't?
    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a good day! You can just see the love in those pictures!
    5 kids with chicken pox: I think my mom could imagine...try 8 at the same time! (yes, it happened!)
    That cake sounds absolutely like heaven!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless you on your birthday and always! What a special day, filled with loving people, memories and gifts:-) Love that photo of you and hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures! Happy happy birthday!!! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a truly wonderful day! Great pictures of the girls with grandma - I can tell that they're really enjoying having her around! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday!! Sounds like a lovely day, So glad your mom was there to share in it. Chicken Pox? 5, 5 and under?! Wow. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!! Sounds like it was a great day. Can I just say...your Mom is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Patty, glad it was a good one. I see so much of your Mom in your girls features, they are all just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails