Saturday, January 22, 2011

Soup and Sandwich

My all time favorite soup and salad would have to be at the Olive Garden.  Hands down.

When that is not available, I always enjoy a cup of soup with a good sandwich at home...and I like egg salad.  Do you?

I have a good recipe I want to share.  Found it last spring on, where else but, http://www.allrecipes.com/.






Ingredients:
8 hard-cooked eggs, diced
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped onion (*1 tsp of onion powder equals 1/3 cup of chopped onion.)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dill weed

Directions:
1.  In a bowl, gently mix the eggs, mayo, onion flakes (powder), salt, mustard, garlic powder, pepper, and dill. 

This tastes good right away, but tastes even better if it has been covered and refrigerated 8 hours, or overnight. 

This is obviously a good one for after Easter as well.

Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. I love egg salad!! This recipe looks yummy- I usually just add mayo and salt. I will most definitely give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love egg salad, especially when it's still warm. (yep, I guess I'm weird that way!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree: Olive Garden'ssoup and salad. and I lovelove egg salad sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm! I love Olive Garden's Italian Wedding Soup! I also LOVE Egg Salad. When I was in high school I used to bring egg salad for lunch all the time on Friday's during Lent.

    Thanks for linking up to my Lent Meal Plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see that you wrote 1/4 CUP of onion flakes. Am I right in guessing that you meant tsp?? This made me really hungry for egg salad. Thanks for posting this recipe (like a year and a half ago!)! Found you on Pinterest through your baked spaghetti recipe :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! Actually, it was 1/4 cup chopped onion. My family doesn't do chunky onions well so I substituted onion powder. You can also sub onion flakes (1 tbsp = 1/3 cup chopped onion.) Thanks for catching that!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails