Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sorrow

 




I am physically and emotionally exhausted.  I tried to go to sleep but just keep tossing and turning. I am hoping this helps.  Writing down my thoughts.

 Prayers are not coming to me except in the form of calling out each saintly name I can think of and asking for help while I clutch my rosary.  I keep repeating, "Jesus, I trust in you."  But that devil.  He has been battling with me since I first knew I was pregnant.  As I desperately try and cling to the trust I have in Jesus, the devil tried to replace any smidge of hope with despair.  And he is still planting seeds of fear in my head.

It was with a hopeful heart that I thought we would be able to share wonderful and expectant news with you soon.  Sadly, we had a dark day today when the doctor could not find the baby's heartbeat. 

All was going well: nausea, good blood levels, even the beginning of a baby bump.  And then today happened  and we do not know why. 

What I do know is that this aches for both David and I.  It is our fourth loss and it is simply  heart shattering.

David and I ask for prayers from all of you.  I also ask to be put on your prayer lists.   Without going into all the details here, we are praying for some answers to a serious situation that placed this miscarriage at a higher risk level.  

I just want to thank you ahead of time for all the prayers that you can offer up.  I know that prayer is powerful.  I believe that.  Truly.  Sometimes we need more than we ever thought we would. 
~Patty 

25 comments:

  1. I am praying so so hard for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    Don't let the devil win - you know that God has a perfect plan for you...keep that faith and you'll get through.

    God Bless you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are in my prayers.
    pax Christi - lena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Patty, I am so so sorry.
    Cate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart and prayers are with you, Patty. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm so sorry. I'll pray for you. We had two miscarriages and it still hurts. I hope you can find a moment of comfort and peace today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sad to read this news this morning, Patty. There is nothing quite as painful as the heart of a sorrowing mother. Rest assured of my thoughts and prayers for you and David during the coming days. May your shattered heart begin to heal through the prayers of others.
    I'm sending you an armful of hugs from MN too! Blessings, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Patty, I am so sorry for your loss. Praying you find answers and peace. Make rest a priority today. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Patty,

    I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your precious child. I cannot put into words how much I hurt for you reading that post. I am so sorry. Please know of my prayers for you, your husband and family. I know that fear too well and that feeling of total confusion, but by clutching your rosary and calling out to Jesus, you are being held and loved by Our Lady and Our Lord. I wish I could wrap you in some type of comfort right now.

    Praying and praying. Please keep me posted.

    Big hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry Patty!! My heart just breaks for you and David. Know that we are praying!

    In Christ,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying our hearts out for your peace and comfort. Sending Cyberspace hugs for your sorrow, dear Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Know that there are many people praying for you. It's so hard to find a reason. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will be offering my mass for you tomorrow. Prayers and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  15. prayers and hugs. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Patty, You and your family are in my prayers and I have asked many friends to pray for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Patty and family,
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss and we will be lifting you up in prayer during this difficult time. May God grant you peace, comfort, and rest in His infinite love and mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dearest Patty,
    I prayed for you. I asked the Holy Spirit to pray for you. I asked Jesus to pray for you, to touch you and with a mighty hand keep the devil away! You have been a blessing to me because until I read some of your blog I did not know I could spiritually baptize our children in Heaven. I wept and did this. Because God is timeless, the years do not matter. God bless you forever.

    ReplyDelete
  19. you remain in our prayers.
    St. Catherine Siena, ora pro nobis.

    Prayer to the Holy Ghost by Saint Catherine of Siena
    Holy Spirit, come into my heart; draw it to Thee by Thy power, O my God, and grant me charity with filial fear. Preserve me, O ineffable Love, from every evil thought; warm me, inflame me with Thy dear love, and every pain will seem light to me. My Father, my sweet Lord, help me in all my actions. Jesus, love, Jesus, love. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Still praying for you and family dear one. May He hold you in his loving arms and squeeze tight. You have friends here. Talk and walk it out. You are not alone in this moment of darkness. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Still praying for you and your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just wanted you to know that I've been thinking about you and your family a lot today. Each time you come to mind, I say a prayer for you. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm reading this late but I have been in your position and I am offering up prayers for you today. God Bless you darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails