Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Putting It Into Practice

I was looking forward to sinking my teeth into this daybook...





And I have enjoyed putting some of the authors' ideas into practice.  The "Act" for Jan. 3 was...

"It's still Christmas!  Invite some friends for tea or coffee.  Don't fuss about fancy table settings or decorations.  Just rejoice together in the Good News of Christ's birth."

That got my wheels spinning immediately.

I sent out this quote to my homeschool group and inquired if anyone would like to meet up at "our hangout",  Coffee 'n Cream.

Do you know eight of us met and were able to just be with one another!  I love nights like that.  I am so blessed to know the women that I know in our homeschool group. 

I'm only on Day 5 and it has brought such joy into my life already.  The quotes are beautiful.  The prayers are simple.  And you have heard what the acts can do.  What a simple indulgence for busy moms!

9 comments:

  1. Patty, I give you so much credit for initiating the get together. the things that creep into our hearts and minds that keep us from picking up the phone or making the contact -- to get over those hurdles is wonderful. I imagine it is easier when it's done for the Lord. I have this book on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! Glad you were able to get away for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a sample of this book on my iPod (from Amazon). I have not had a chance to read it, but I am looking forward to next week. I love that you acted on the suggestion and had a get together- sounds refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had this book for a while and kept picking it up and putting it down. Now that it is the new year I have been reading it each morning, seems so much better to start it at the beginning! I like today's Mother Theresa quote about Love. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep forgetting to mention that I love your new pics on the sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful! How great that eight of you could get together and just hang out.

    I received this book for Mother's Day and have enjoyed it. With it's quick reflections, it's always sure to leave me inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patty, I bought Elizabeth's book for myself with Christmas money. I am SO glad that I did. The short but sweet messages get to the heart of the matter and nudge you to "act" in faith. Good for you for spreading with Christmas cheer with your friends. Wish I lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's awesome that you were able to summon that many ladies! What a blessing. I have that book in my car and not been good about looking through it every day...Thinking I need to move it back inside, due to your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a fun night! I've heard of this book, but never purchased it. I think I might have to do that now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails