Sunday, January 2, 2011

Planting Seeds

~ All we do is go to church!

~ How many songs till it is over?

~ Is it big church or little church (a.k.a. daily Mass)?

~ Do we ever do anything besides go to church?

This little fella...not one of those "angelic" children that sits quietly during Mass...and has slept only once during a Mass. 

Not sure if I can even see the light at the end of the tunnel, but we are planting seeds, right? 

At least that is what I keep telling myself. 

Even if I find him under the pew collecting dead crickets in the summer or potato bugs (a.k.a. rolley-pollies) in the fall.  He will even put a hymnal down on the floor in hopes that they'll be able to join in the singing - what a character.

Hmmmm....

Planting seeds.  I repeat it to myself...in and out...in and out.  Just like breathing...making it rhythmic.


*******************************************

And then he sleeps when I do not want him too...





....and this becomes "This Moment" of my week ;)

But, alas I must wake him or he will not sleep tonight.  (But I have to get this photo first.)


*********************************************

One more early Mass in this busy holy season.  Tomorrow we are having an 8am Mass said for Poppy.  My dad would be turning 75 tomorrow.  My parents "planted seeds" when I was growing up. 

I wonder how many times they repeated that mantra to themselves?


9 comments:

  1. Funny how some of my littles ask me those same questions!? This is a beautiful post...great job planting those seeds. Keep up the hard work and the fruit will come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of times when I would just slip into my son's room to watch him sleep. They are so precious. My heart melts every time I see a child in slumber.

    I hope you will link this up with my new blog hop. It is absolutely an adorable perfect picture. http://lynishiskid.blogspot.com/2011/01/about-day-in-our-life-blog-hop.html

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know those little discussions only too well. Stand and A should get along just fine.
    Yes, we must keep planting seeds and not lose heart. They will come around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of these too!! Love the pic. Just for the record, Leah sucks her thumb too ~ see? a match made in heaven!!! I have a special devotion to the Holy Souls, I will remember your Dad tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sleeping cutie. This season is so quick. Then you will see that garden flourish. What a good mommy you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know we all need that encouragement to keep farming away :) Thank you for that. Most importantly, thank you for keeping my father in your prayers tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my daughter is like your stan. but she is getting better, much. and I do tell myself that this is what I was made for -- she needs this, and that sustains me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo! We just went through all these same questions at Mass this morning. Is it done yet? How many more songs? Ooohhh -the bells, we're getting close!

    Keep at it - you're right on the money. Planting seeds and you never know what it's going to grow in to!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails