Friday, December 10, 2010

Wrapping Up Our Week 12/11/10






On My Mind~

Surviving our busiest week of the year!  (Inhale...exhale...inhale...exhale...)


Mon - Thurs::
Finals, Book Reports/Reviews/ Compositions   - Done!  It is official, we are on Christmas break...not sure who is happier, the kids or I!

Sun:
*David's brother-in-law spent last weekend with us.  He is a life flight mechanic for a hospital in Illinois.  The hospital just purchased four new helicopters from Bell (a big manufacturer in DFW).  Matt is down here training on them for three weeks.

Mon:
*Feast of St. Nick

Tues:
*Pageant Rehearsal

Wed:
*Mass
*Feast of the Immaculate Conception

Thurs:
*Feast of St. Juan Diego
*Christmas shopping

Fri:
*Little Flowers/ Little Woman's  cookie bake and exchange  ( so! much! fun!) I will definitely post pictures of this over the weekend :)

Sat:
*Christmas Pageant  ****   I'll try to take photos. 

**************************

Post card swap ~ The littles received their first postcards from Mary.  She actually sent five!  But we did not mind...especially when the cards display the breathtaking sites of the Smoky Mountains.

































 I'll work on setting up a map with pinned notes of our mail buddies and have it up by next week.

Anyone else interested?  Just let me know and I'll email you our address.  If you already have our address, just go ahead and send a postcard at your convenience.


**************************

Reading
We are enjoying our Advent book list for week two.

Our book list for the third week of Advent is based on the Family and Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe:

















































































A note:  these books were much harder to find in the library.  I ended up purchasing a most of them...should be here by late Friday afternoon?

*****************************

Want to join in the fun?  You can link up at Jen's Forever, For Always, No Matter What.

Advent blessings~

4 comments:

  1. I would love to join in on your post card swap. Let me know. mom7_06 @ yahoo dot com

    I love the books! You always post some that I have never heard of- Ellis Island Christmas looks like it would a good book. Thanks for sharing your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to order that Christmas Mosaic book for next year ~ those all look awesome. We have a tiny library, so I could work on ordering them throughout the year. Also, I will get some postcards to you soon, I forgot!! You did have a busy week, glad you are done with school for the year. It has been very nice to be off for December! Thanks for linking up, have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want all your childrens' books. :) how wonderful. and I'd love to be in your post card swap. what a neat way for your children to learn about other places, and also start a collection. I started my postcard collection as a little girl when my dad mailed me postcards from his business travels. still have them. so you want to leave a comment on my blog with your address and I won't publish it(promise!)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I didn't realize I was the 1st to send postcards! I feel so honored!
    The Ellis Island book looks really interesting; I'm going to have to look for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails