Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Spirit of Christmas Past

Years ago, I started a little tradition in our home  ~  framed Christmas photo cards. 

I have framed each picture that we have used since we had kiddos.  At first, I think my hubby thought I was nuts...but I had a vision!

That vision is starting to unfurl as the collection grows and it is so much fun to witness. 

Pulling out the bin of framed Christmas card photos is always a sure way to bring fits of giggles and laughs out of the kids. 

For myself, being the nostalgic one that I am, it brings a pause in motion...I stop on a dime and fondly remember each moment.  And David will also pause, pick one up, and grin a big grin ;)

They are strategically placed  amongst the other decorations to enjoy during Advent and Christmas.   








































We have so many relatives that would like an updated photo of the kids that this makes it really convenient and fun.

Each year I think that I will buy boxes of those beautiful Madonna and Infant Jesus cards...but I always come back to the picture card.  (And 100 for $15?? No brainer.)








































I can look at each one and know exactly what chapter of life we were on when it was taken. 








































And each year I get so excited to purchase the new frame for the new picture.  The frame just has to fit the photo you know!  (Oh my gosh! I am so anal about that.) 

The last one on the right (above) is this year's photo.

**********************************************

Completely switching gears now...

... for some reason my online signature is not working anymore.  What do you all use?

Patty~

8 comments:

  1. Very good idea! How fun to look back at them all. I think I have saved most of ours, but not in an organized fashion. I need to come up with something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Patty! I just love all of the unique frames, so cute! I'd be just like you and would enjoy shopping around and insisting on finding the perfect frame each year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! I usually put the christmas card in my scrapbook, but what a great idea to be able to see them year after year all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea so much, I may have to start in here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pictures! I don't think I could even locate the ones we have used each year...I should try. I love the idea of taking them out each christmas and who can resist Christmassy frames???

    As for the signature....I am such a newbie I don't even know what you are talking about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again! Forgot to mention that my signature has been wonky too. Sometimes it shows up and sometimes not. Not sure what is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that idea! That is so incredibly neat that you started it and kept it up!
    I don't even know how to do a signature! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely tradition....I always get the pictures of them taken with Father Christmas out.

    Just a reminder about the festive baking carnival on Monday, sorry I forgot didn't I? :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails