Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hispanic Influence

With the feast of St. Juan Diego today, we added these beautiful new holy cards to their collection as well as a new DVD. 

(Two new DVD's  in one week for my littles - Eureka!)




They also enjoyed one of their faves...(which I know so many of you have yourselves)...







My kids just love these.  We started collecting them about 6 or 7 years ago.  They make great gifts, too!

****************************************************

We are also doing more on the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe this Sunday.  The two of them go so nicely together.   My Little Flower has some fantastic ideas on celebrating these feast days.  You should check her out if you get the chance.

*****************************************************

Two years ago, I took Sally and Ester down to San Antonio to see the beautiful and historical Missions.  Sally had just finished studying them and Ester would be studying them.

Since we are also studying these beautiful Hispanic feast days....and we are in Texas...I thought I'd share them at this time.  

Would you like to see them? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our first stop was at Mission San Jose.  This is an active parish.










We were able to attend a noon Mariachi Mass.  It was a beautiful experience for the girls.  They had never been to one. 





The girls took part in the Junior Park Ranger program.  They took their new role very seriously!














We only had time for one more mission to visit...there are 5 altogether...so we picked Mission Concepcion.





Mission Concepcion is an active parish as well.  





M:ission Concepcion has beautiful and original frescoes to view.









I love celebrating the beauty of our Hispanic heritage.

Charlotte recently posted pictures from her trip to the missions.  You can view them here.

Advent blessings~


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for these pictures. Mission San Jose is closed right now due to renovations so it's the only one we didn't get to see over Thanksgiving. I will show my kids your pics later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mission pictures are beautiful! How fun for the girls to be junior rangers. I think the Juan Diego story is one of my very favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful pictures! And, what history the girls are learning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Feast Day! I loved looking at your missions:-) We did a similar tour over here with some of the California Missions! Our goal is to make it to all of them, eventually. They fascinate me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails