Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Gingerbread Fun

For our first ever attempt at a gingerbread house, I purchased a pre-fabricated one built by Wilton.  The exterior designs were engineered by my littles. 

Each had a turn at creating some beautiful piece of art. 










There was peace and sanity after it was all said and done.  I'll probably go this route again next year.

The only issue raised came from Stan and Mabel.  They just could not believe you couldn't eat it when it was all finished.  

According to Mabel:  "What a waste!"   (That's my Mabel - she calls it like she sees it!) 

***********************************************

Personal book review: 

I picked this book up at the library....





...it was on our reading list for this week. 

After going through it, I decided there was one illustration that was inappropriate for my children.  It was an abstract illustration of Adam and Eve...with a bit too much detail...in my opinion

The rest of the book was just beautiful in Eric Carle's wonderful way.

I simply would not want to recommend this to anyone else personally, but you can always check it out at the library and make your own decision.


****************************************************

Advent blessings~

8 comments:

  1. Your gingerbread house is so pretty! Thanks for the heads up on the book. You can see the picture in question on the Amazon page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that brand of gingerbread house with my nieces and nephews every year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They did a good job on the gingerbread house! I agree with Mabel: WHAT A WASTE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tunred out great! We usually do one of these, but haven't gotten around to it yet. The kids have fun making them...and them picking off the decorations to eat later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are doing gingerbread men today, fun! Your house turned out great :) I agree on the pre-fab it makes life so much easier. I love Mabel's comment, she sounds like Jonah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on the gingerbread house! We've made it a tradition at our house each Christmas Eve to do one as a family (always pre-boxed) and it's something we've all grown to love and look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful gingerbread houses. I love Eric carle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny...ours always looks good for about 4 hours and then the picking and eating begins...I usually throw away the sorry looking remnants a few days later.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails