Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Friends and Flowers

Sunday afternoon brought me sitting in church waiting for Sally's pageant practice (...that would be the church pageant).

I had brought my camera to take a picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

That is when I noticed just how many roses were left from Las Mananitas the night before.  I could not believe what I was seeing.

 I found myself walking around and taking more and more photos.

Look how beautiful these friends of God look with the gorgeous flowers arranged around them...




























Amazing, isn't it? 







Of course there were more for Our Lady and the Sacred Heart of Jesus.








I completely forgot about the chapel and the room that houses the Pieta. 

I was wanting to share with you the beautiful Our Lady of Guadalupe statue that was set up for the procession during the novena. 

Here she is...




But...I'm saving the best for last. 

Sitting in the front pew, the choir director pointed out this...





The Crucified Christ next to the Risen Christ being reflected on the wall and window from a window on the opposite side. 

Beautiful!  It caught my breath.

Advent blessings~


8 comments:

  1. Amazing photos! Your church is beautiful, and that reflection is breath-taking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. the statues are magnificent. That they are all in one church is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I had to catch my breath too;-) Thank you for sharing such Advent-captured beauty. Mananitas flowers and roses never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful church you have! I love having lots of saints to visit....reminds me of church's in Rome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our church is only a few years old. It is a beautiful, large church that is in the shape of a cross. There are statues in every single corner with two smaller rooms: the Sacred Heart and the Pieta. The chapel, located behind the partitioned wall of the sanctuary, shares the tabernacle. One door facing the main alter, the other door facing the chapel alter. The chapel would make up the head of the cross.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They really are some breathtaking pictures! I don't think I could've ever captured the beauty of any of it, especially the last one. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails