Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Baking

These are a first for us this year.   And they are delicious!

Scrumptious Chocolate Mint Layer Bars



























Ingredients:
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
2 cups (about 15) finely ground creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
1 cup flaked coconut
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 2/3 cups (10 ounces package) Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels

Preheat: oven to 350 degrees F.

Melt: butter in 13x9 inch baking pan in oven; remove from oven.  Sprinkle cookie crumbs over butter.  Stir well; press mixture onto bottom of pan.  Sprinkle with nuts and coconut.  Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over top.  Sprinkle with morsels; press down slightly.

Bake: for 20 minutes or until coconut is light golden brown.  Cool completely in pan on wire rack.  Cut into bars. 

Makes 2 dozen bars

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes

******************************************************

I am entering this recipe in a Christmas Baking Carnival (December 6) over at Cherished by Me .


6 comments:

  1. Those look heavenly. Unfortunately, CH is allergic to coconut, so we don't have it in our house. :(
    I guess I could make it, but then I'd have to eat it myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, they look delicious. Thanks for sharing. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! I am not quite in baking mode yet.....baking means eating... and I'm not quite ready to have the house flooded with cookies. I can't stop eating them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen~ I hear ya'. We had company and I felt I had to do something festive. But then I continued on baking through Sunday...and Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is look delicious nice work and i am chocolate lover see my blog where is complete information about chocolate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails