Monday, November 22, 2010

Texas in November

Our good friend, Mr. Good Weather, came back for a visit.  I think he may be staying for a little bit.  At this time of the year he comes and goes as he pleases. 





We prefer to catch his arrival!


Warm gulf breezes and sunshine coupled with  the southern trees melting into a butterscotch array of colors  =  my family loves Texas in November!

And isn't it amazing how much joy a $2 box of sidewalk chalk can bring to kids?






Dirty hands and clothes, imaginations shifted into creative gear, happy thoughts. 

I love it!






 I'm glad they are smiling and enjoying life. 

We will not be with family this Thanksgiving, and the kids can take a holiday hard when missing their grandparents and cousins.  So this weather and being outside is welcomed for many reasons.



 







Little brother enjoyed that chalk in a different way.  No big sisters bothered him!  It was just him and his bike.   




And this next gallery of photos...gosh!...I just had to share.  I hope you don't mind.  

It makes me want to be a kid again. 




Think little man was excited?!  And if you look real close, he is giving me the thumbs up in that last photo. 

And then it was Stan's turn to pull Mabel.  He loves his thumb.  What can I say?



Did you notice how he let go...hmmm...on purpose... possibly? 






Those little stinkers!  They were having a ball.  Must have spent at least an hour riding  up and down the block.

Would you believe it if I told you that I even took a ride?  (Hee  hee!)  Sorry.  No picture of that one, folks!

We are thankful for the big bear hugs that Mr. Good Weather gives us~ 

9 comments:

  1. Looks like a perfect day to me! Glad you guys are enjoying some good weather.

    Also, I loved your post yesterday about the coasters. What a great idea!

    Thanks Patty, you made me smile once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, you've got it made there! mr goodweather does not come here very often. love the photos of the kiddos in the wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice here, but it's getting ready to change: rainy and cooler by Thursday, which is good, because I like for it to be cool when I eat turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are awesome!! Glad you are having some nice weather. It is supposed to be 66 here today - but it is rainy. I would take some TX sunshine right about now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful creativity. A lovely way to brighten up the street!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your gallery of photos...a true gift of yours! You really captured their fun and the glory of childhood. Would have loved to see your happy face on that wagon ride:+) Have a lovely Thanksgiving, though I know you will miss being with family. May it be filled with unexpected blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My children love making chalk art on our driveway too! It looks like you have great artists! The wagon ride photos are priceless and adorable! So fun!
    Thanks for sharing your fun thankful post and linking up to our Thankful Hearts blog Hop!
    Enjoy the beautiful weather you are having and it's lovely here too!
    Happy Thanksgiving to your beautiful family!
    Tracy
    http://www.asliceofsmithlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here in MN, we've had snow storms, ice storms and wind over the last week. The children LOVE the snow (and I guess I do, too!) but the warm weather and sidewalk chalk looks pretty good right about now (it's 15 degrees out there) Thanks for sharing the photos.

    We'll be home alone for Thanksgiving as well. But we have so much to be thankful for, that it's hard to complain!

    God Bless and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patty, Thank you for linking up to our Blog Hop. It has been really great to get to know you and your beautiful family. I hope you will join us for next months No Ordinary Blog Hop. I am looking forward to seeing more of your holiday celebration traditions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails