Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hodge Podge: Part II

I have had these FYI's swirling around in my head for the past week and needed to get them out.  I promise to take a small reprieve from these whirly-swirly thoughts:)


Recipe (a good one for the holidays):

Roast Pork with Maple and Mustard Glaze

Ingredients:
2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
1 cup maple syrup
4 Tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
2 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 1//2 tablespoons soy sauce
salt to taste
pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
2. Stir together the maple syrup, mustard, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.  Place pork roast in a shallow roasting pan.  Spread glaze evenly over pork roast.
3. Roast pork in the preheated oven uncovered, until internal temperature measured with a meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 1 hour.  Remove from oven and let rest about 10 minutes before slicing to serve.

*Note:  The key to slicing it is allowing it to sit and rest.  My family loves this, and it makes a festive, holiday meal. 

(I am embarrassed that I forgot take a picture of the  roast fresh out of the oven.  Instead, I took pictures of the sliced roast. Hoping it will do.)




*************************************************

Christmas Gift Wrap:
Another great FYI that needs to be passed along.  Hobby Lobby has the most beautiful Christmas gift wrap.  It is heavy, large (100 sq. ft. reg. $7.99) and half price right now!  This sale includes bows, boxes, bags, tissue, gift cards, etc. 

I love that this store is Christian owned and operated. 

************************************************

Finally, one last you tube video.  This one is a little bit older and you may have already seen it, but I guarantee it will get your toe tappin' every time! 

Click here to enjoy.


4 comments:

  1. Yum! Love new recipes. Printing out right now:+) Thank you, Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recipe sounds delicious! I love Hobby Lobby too :) I didn't realize the wrap was on sale, I will have to hit the store this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the dish looks delicious. I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday and saw the gorgeous wrapping for 1/2 off. lots of Christmas decorations are half off there. are their cardstock is half off too. and Christmas candles are half off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pork sounds amazing. Thanks for the tip on paper at Hobby Lobby; I noticed the other day that I'm going to have to break down and buy some this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails