Sunday, November 21, 2010

Coasters

Homemade Christmas (or anytime) Gift:



**Let me first say, I got this fantastic idea from Grace In My Heart.**

And it was so easy and fun!

I started with this...



  • The 4x4 tile came from Lowe's at $0.34 each.
  • All stamps came from Michael's and were on sale at $7.99 each.
  • The PERMANANT ink, StazOn, came from Michael's and was $7.99
  • Ribbon
  • Sticky Notes
Here is a bigger picture of the stamps and ink pad.






After wiping down each tile with a damp rag and letting them dry, I cut my sticky notes into smaller squares and stuck them in the middle of the tile like this:




Then I inked my main pad (I used a chocolate color) and carefully pressed down on the entire tile, sticky note and all.  *The slightest movement may smudge your ink, so be gentle here. 

It should then look like this:





Next, I pulled off the sticky note to see this:





I took an initial stamp and carefully stamped the middle:



Isn't that awesome?  That easy!

After a few minutes of dry time, I turned them over and placed cloth bumper pads onto each bottom as to not scratch the surface of furniture.  See:



Others have used the little rubber bumpers, but hubby (who has was a furniture/cabinet maker for 20+ years) said that rubber bumpers have a tendancy to catch and fall off quickly.  He suggested the cloth bumpers.  But, you can use what you prefer.


Then I tied it up nicely with a chocolate-colored, satin ribbon.  Isn't it pretty?



Grace in my heart had the perfect rule of thumb.  If you are making homemade gifts...is it something you would want to receive? 

Good ideas are meant to be shared.  This was definitely one of those!


9 comments:

  1. so cute! I'm going to have to make those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea! Definitely going to use it! I think I might make some to replace the cork coasters my kids are using that I wrote their initials on just so they wouldn't keep losing their cup. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are an awesome gift! I would love to receive these :) Maybe I should make some!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty and easy peasy. thanks for the idea and the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I know have a list of about 10 people I could make these for!!! Are they really dummie proof?!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Patty!
    Love this creative idea too! What are the words on the stamp say surrounding the letter? Just curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen~REALLY dummy-proof! LOL

    Tracy~Kind of hard to read. I believe it is a form of the old, traditional, turn-of-the-century cursive penmanship. I want to think in romantic terms. When you first glance, it almost looks like a foreign language. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Patty, thank you for sharing this! I was looking for something to do for my brother's family and this looks perfect. You are just so crafty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails