Friday, October 29, 2010

Wrapping Up Our Week 10/29/10




Off-balance...but stabilizing...I think :) 

Monday:   Thyroid check-up for me and  Grandma Clare's birthday.

Tuesday:   Sally's Birthday,  and the stomach bug for ME - ugh!  I went to bed feeling perfectly normal and then BAM!  I woke up sick in the middle of the night. 

Wednesday:  S.L.O.W. moving for Mama!  No Little Flowers nor Little Women,  and no choir. 
They didn't understand because they felt good.  I just would hate to bring it to someone else's household.

What is with this stomach bug that is ever-so-slowly making its way through one family after another???

We managed to barely make it through the school day. 

Thursday:  Kids' dentist check-ups.  All received an A+ from their dentist!  Yeah!  We concluded our day with Thursday evening Mass followed by Adoration. 

I was rather tired and contemplated canceling our regular Thursday evening Mass routine.  That is when I realized THAT is when I really need to receive Christ the most.

Friday:  Future plans - I really need to pay more attention to my scheduling.  We have had way too much happening lately.  It always looks good on paper, but...

Hubby took me out for lunch...what a sweetheart!

*********************************************

Now for the interesting items in this week's academics...

Math:  It was a good week!  It clicked for all of them...yeah!
1. Mabel mastered adding three addends at a time and regrouping when necessary. 
2. *Sally scored a 100% on her test! 
3. *Ester scored a 100% on her test!
*They both use Saxon math.  Ester is taking the 5/4 course and Sally is taking the 7/6 course.  (The link shows their scope and sequence.)

History:
1. Ester finished studying about the Jamestown settlement.
2. Sally had an interesting chapter on Mohammed and the rise of Islam. 
3. Mabel briefly studied St. Stephen and his ties to the history of Hungary.  We had fun looking at the pictures of the Crown of St. Stephen.


Please join in the fun at Jen's ...Forever, For Always, No Matter What...

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you were sick! One day under the weather and the whole week is off. You still got so much completed. I like how you posted what you did each day - very creative. Thanks for linking up again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your family is on the mend. we got a little bit of it here too. a lunch date with hubby would make any week great! and wow, A pluses at the dentist. nice going Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about mass- when I am dragging my feet the most is when I need to go. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty - I am behind in reading my favorite blogs which includes yours. Sorry you have been sick. Hope you are back to 100% soon. I am so with you on the over scheduling. I have had zero time for anything. Including blogging! Hope to catch up soon. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails