Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dino-Mite Kind of Day!



He had a good one!  He kept saying, "Mom, I can't believe I'm five!  Do you think it is a dream?" 

He has wanted to be 5 since ...ummmm...about one month after turning four?!

We went to the Heard Museum and walked amongst the ferocious, animated dinosaurs.











































In that picture above, he was looking hard for dino bones. 




Poor guy didn't have a friend over.  He had a nasty cold that turned into a yucky sinus infection.  The medicine is helping, but I didn't want to infect another household.

But,  we did have cake!  A Star Wars themed cake.

This was much easier to make...I used the figurines that he received as a gift for the cake toppers. 





*******************************************************

And in my heart, I ponder many things.  I find myself wondering what life was like for Stan, five years ago,  the first 24 or 48 hours? 

There were no grandparents, aunts, or uncles crowding around to see the new little fella.  Who ooohed and aaaahed over him, snuggled him, cuddled and cradled him in the hospital? No toasts or cigars, bouquets of fresh flowers. 

I cannot help but think how cold and sad those first days of life were like for him.  And for her.

I always pray for her, especially on this day. 

******************************************************

But for the moment, I pushed those thoughts aside and grabbed a book.  Bedtime ritual...book time.  Last night we read The Good Man of Assisi

What a beautiful feast day to be born on...what a beautiful prayer of peace for David and I to reflect on for Stan and his birth mother.


 

4 comments:

  1. I am glad Stan had a great day! Hope he is feeling better. The cake looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts about Stan. Happy Birthday big guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Beautiful pondering, bountiful blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how special to have been born on such a gorgeous feast day of st, francis. ad that outdoor museum is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails