Monday, October 4, 2010

Birthday Boy!



Stan arrived in the world on October 4, 2005.  He weighed 6 lbs 12 oz and quickly grew into a chunky monkey!

He is, hands down,  the most engaging little fellow that either David or I have ever known.  Most people who meet Stan think the same thing.

He makes a great and loyal friend...always looking to add to his buddy list.  And once he meets you, boy! you are his bud for life!

The picture on the left is the face we fell in love with...the first picture we saw of our little man.  We believe he was 3-4 weeks old there.

The picture on the right was in an update we received in January of 2006.  We believe he was around 3 months when it was taken.












It was so painful waiting for the travel call.  It finally came on March 30, 2006.  We left three days later!  Talk about an adrenaline rush!

And of course we did a birth announcement...adoption style!


Stan was 9 months old in this next photo. 



These next two photos are a couple of my favorites.  He went through a phase where he wouldn't smile.  I thought he was still as cute as could be.... even without a smile!


The hanbok he is wearing is a gift from his foster parents.  It is a traditional Korean gown worn on special occasions.


His smile came back and he grinned big time for his 18 months photo!


And this next group needs no words.


I know!  I've been tempted to gobble him up like a billion times. 

His personality fits his face.

His second birthday came so quickly. 


When it was time for his big boy 3 year old photo, he told me, "I don't want to wear that dress!"  I told him, "Oh! But you look like a king when you do!"

 He didn't want to take it off after that :) 

I know that his foster parents must enjoy seeing him wearing it in pictures.  I try to send them photos once a year.

Around the age of 4, he finally outgrew it. 



And from this morning....










We even saw another hot air balloon fly over!  When one flew over on Mabel's birthday, my sister Sue made the lovely comment that maybe it was Poppy's way of saying Happy Birthday! 

What are the chances we'd see another today?  On Stan's birthday?

Now, off for a fun day...

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Stan! He is so handsome, and was such a cute baby! Hope you all have a fun day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy Birthday Stan!! Love those baby pictures and have seen many a Korean photo is that chair! I have a pretty cute Korean little girl who will turn 5 in a few short months - and I have nothing against arranged marriages ;) Although my husband will often say about this particular daughter: "I feel sorry for her husband!".....but you do say Stan is a charmer. LOL!

    Hope you guys have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a big little man he is! and how proud you must be. I love looking as through the years pics. so wonderful. and you can bet that was Poppy saying Happy Birthday. Aren't God-incidences such a gift? Happy Birthday Stan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to be born on the Feast of St. Francis! Happy Birthday to a precious little soul:-) Oh yes, you'll see that balloon, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Stan! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Stan! What a cutie pie he is!
    I got a little chill when I read about the balloon. Guess he is looking down after y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday to not so little anymore Stan! I can't believe that he is 5 already. I remember your waiting (patiently-not) for that call! Thanks for sharing his day with us. XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails