Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Who Am I Looking At?

When I see this face, I can't help but think to myself... just who is that? 




























Is it her face? or is it his face? Does he have her nose or his nose?  What about his mouth....and I wonder and then smile...because she chose life.

October will soon be here. 

October is pro-life month.  October holds Stan's birth day. 

It is on a special day; in the midst of one of those deep, one-on-one conversations; when I see a picture like the one above...it is then that I wonder.

Sometimes I wonder...Where is she today?  What is she doing now...this very moment?

When I think of her, my heart is filled with bittersweet emotions.  It is a double-edged sword. 

I am eternally grateful that God has placed him in our lives and at the same time,  I cannot imagine life without him. 

My heart just aches for her.  She doesn't see what we see; what we feel; what we hear.  He is such a bright light in our lives.

I do know that if I had a chance to meet her, I would cup her hands in my face and thank her for this gift of life.

The cross that birth parents, and in Stan's case, the birth mother bears, is one that will be carried for life.  Please take a moment today and offer a prayer for all birth parents...for choosing life.

4 comments:

  1. I'm wiping my tears. thanks for that post, Patty. and yes, I too would cup my daughter's birthmom's face in my hands and say thank you, and that would not begin to tell of my gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! So true. Funny that we often think more about b-mom than b-dad.....sometimes I am so curious about what they look like. If I am curious I can't imagine how my children will feel as they grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That brought tears to my eyes. He is such a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I wonder what he will wonder or what he wonders now:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails