Sunday, September 12, 2010

Crock Pot Pulled Pork BBQ

Crock Pot Pulled Pork BBQ




Ingredients:
1 (4-5 pound) pork picnic roast
salt & pepper to taste
1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
Liquid Smoke*

*I use the Figaro mesquite liquid smoke and marinade.  Can be found near the BBQ sauces at Super Walmart grocery stores.

Directions:
1.  Cut roast into 3 or 4 pieces and rub each with salt and pepper.  (I usually mix 2 tablespoons of both salt and pepper in a little bowl and throw out what I do not use.)  Place meat in slow cooker.  Pour broth over meat followed by a splash of liquid smoke over that.

2.  Turn the slow cooker to low and cover.  Cook for 6 to 8 hours, or until the roast is fork tender.

3.  Carefully remove pieces and place in a 13x9 pan after which you shred the pork apart with two forks.  Drizzle with BBQ sauce and mix. 

4.  Serve over buns and drizzle additional BBQ sauce over that if you desire.

I found this recipe on http://www.allrecipes.com/ a couple of years ago.  My family LOVES this meal!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious!! I have never heard of a pork "picnic" roast. Is that a Texas thing? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen~ I hadn't heard of either until I saw it at the store. I suppose you could use any large pork roast for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious, I think I've seen mesquite liquid smoke somewhere here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails