Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cowboy Town

What to do when the skies are gray and cloudy, and the rain is coming down in buckets....

"Go West, young man!"

And That! we did...to Fort Worth...to the cultural district...where 8 museums where opening their doors...for FREE!   (Just for the day.)






































I just love a good deal!

We flung open the doors and entered a world that would allow ourselves to invent and create.




































To invent and create and make new friends while we were at it!




This was a place that would allow us to imagine and play...



...and a place that had stuff on dinosaurs...dinosaurs to measure and see....just how big they can be!





My personal favorites were viewing the history of the advancement of the camera.  I also picked up a new phrase...thinking about posting this in our school area.




Viewing the exhibit on the cattle raising history...now that is where I would have loved to have had more time to spend.  The older I get, the more I enjoy history. 

The cattle history is amazing!


We even took in a short but really neat IMax movie on cattle drives.





Be it listening to music in the lobby, inventing with Dad, or posing with the dinos...




...rain or not...this was a Cha-Ching kind of day!

 I have to thank my friend Kathi B. for this "heads up" on the free and enjoyable day! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi I am Nicole from ColiesKitchen.com I found you on a blog hop and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always glad when I can pass along something useful. Those pix are great! Thanks for sharing - we have not been over to the Ft. Worth "fun" museums (read: "not art") for a few years and our #3 has been asking about going over again. This being my year to re-committing to field trips, I have had my motivation factor kicked up a bit to head ALL THE WAY over there to check them out again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. looks wonderful. I love the "stuffed" animals that are lifelike. and the dinosaurs are a huge hit when we go to the museum. what a great day you all had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Fort Worth is actually one place in TX that I have been. Bob's sister lived in TX for a little bit many years ago and Bob went to TCU for a year. Fort Worth is a great town :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails