Thursday, August 26, 2010

Recipe Swap

Recipe Swap Thursday

Link up with Theresa for more great recipes!




Slovenian Potato Salad


Ingredients:

1 lb bag of Klondike Petite Potatoes (I found mine in the produce at Walmart.  My mom found some at a farmer's market.)




















1/2 cucumber, peeled and grated
5 green onions, chopped (I used onion powder since my kids won't do onions)

Salad Dressing
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste

Boil the potatoes for 12-15 minutes. You want it soft enough to insert a fork but not mushy.  Place boiled potatoes in cold water.  Drain, peel and slice.  Place in bowl and set aside.

Peel and grate 1/2 cucumber and add to potatoes.

Mix together in a separate bowl, olive oil, vinegar, sugar and S&P.  Pour over Potatoes and cucumbers.  Mix gently.  Refrigerate overnight.

*The dressing makes enough for 1 and 1/2 lbs of potatoes if desired.

This is a Slovenian recipe that my mother gave me.  I first tried it over the summer at a cook-out. 

3 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy, Patty! I will definitely be trying this! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails