Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mama Tried...

Selective hearing.  Women joke about it...men have it.  I think boys master it early on. 








































(Stan, who likes to think he is Luke Skywalker, was getting ready to help Daddy in the garage.)


Stan is "bored" in church.  The child is quite obstinate and no matter what I say or do, he is bored which means... trouble.

On our way to Mass Saturday evening, I said to Stan, "Stan, if you do not behave tonight, you will have your new Star Wars game taken away.  Okay?"

Stan:  "Okay.  Mom, do you know my favorite color?"

David looked at me and told me that Stan didn't hear a word I said. 

So I repeated myself..."Stan, what will happen if you misbehave in Mass?"

Stan: "Hot Sauce."

David: "No, Stan.  What will happen?  What did your mother say?"

Stan: "Paddle."

David:  Totally laughing at this point.

Me:  "No, Stan.  If you misbehave, you will lose your game."

************************************************

Less than stellar behavior during Mass once again.

Stan: "Mom, how many more songs till it's over?"


*************************************************

On the way home....

Me:  "Stan.  You didn't do a good job.  You are getting your dinner and then heading straight for bed."

Stan:  Singing to himself...

David:  "He didn't hear a word you said."

David:  "Stan, what did she say?"

Stan:  "What she said." 


3 comments:

  1. Oh Patty. I just love reading your blog. Please keep the stories coming. :) ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious. and sounds very familiar. is he by chance 3? because my daughter does the same thing. actually loves NOT responding to me, but boy when SHE needs an answer to one of her questions -- watch out! :) oh and I love the get up -- a very realistic Luke Skywalker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! I have a girl who feels this way about Mass... and she's 10! At least I can comfort myself by remembering that it used to be WORSE!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! That little Catholic Moms Online button is really going to make me some new friends! Yay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails