Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back to the Beginning

It was a peaceful way to end our weekend, celebrating the Feast of The Assumption of Mary Into Heaven.

 

(Top to bottom, left to right: Sally's, Ester's, Mabel's, & Stan's)


When I saw Jen's kids doing this project, I recalled having my oldest two do it some years ago.  We did it again in honor of Mary's feast day today.  They'll be nice pictures to look at while doing school work at their desks this week.


*****************************************************


The past few days have found little Miss Britches quietly thumbing through a new Halloween costume catalog that arrived in the mail.  It is filled with THE MOST beautiful halloween costumes I've ever seen and I know that it is triggering Mabel's fantasy button in her brain. 


She even enticed Daddy into checking out some pretty ones.  (The prices are way out of line!) 





Sally baked her first cake....completely on her own.  She never asked for help.   


(Sigh...) Yet, another sign that she is growing up...


**************************************************************

The older two were invited to a swimming, birthday party.  Swimming...at night...at the subdivision pool!  Twice this year!  Who would have thunk! 

Watching them head down the street to their friend's house, I noticed how excited they were....



The situation created a small coupe attempt on the part of Mabel and Stan, who thought this to be highly unfair!  The revolt was abandoned when I enticed them with chocolate cake and a dollop of ice cream. 


**************************************************************


Looking for a breakfast that sticks to the bones, I found this....



...how easy and fun!  Pop these on an English muffin with melted cheese...lip-smackin' yum!  I HIGHLY recommend it.


**********************************************************


Never tried Mary Kay before.  Have you?  Do you like it?  I bought some this weekend.  We'll see...



*************************************************************



BLT's...need I say more?  Next to chicken salad sandwiches, these are my  fave!


***********************************************************

The days continue to slip by ever-so-quickly.  It seems as though Friday was here, and now we are back to the beginning again.  We will be starting our 4th week of school.  How did that happen?

*********************************************************

The Call....by Regina Spektor.  Love it!  I became hooked on it after watching Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.

Hope you had a restful Sunday!


6 comments:

  1. Hah! We got the same catalog. Just beautiful costumes. My girls have started saving their money. Think they'll save enough in time? and I love this song too, we have the soundtrack we liked the music so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one who is thinking about Halloween already too! Love the pictures of your big girls running down the sidewalk to their party. I have never heard of The Call - I will have to check it out :) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny about the song "The Call" I watched Prince Caspian about 2 weeks ago and fell in love with that song! I want to put it on my iPod for labor and delivery, but you have to buy the whole album to get the song! It is very soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patty~ Love all of your little recommendations! I haven't heard of "The Call" so I'll check it out. WOW, 4 weeks of school already. Praying things are going well...your girls look like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Just tried to send you an email back but it bounced - so sorry for not replying sooner.

    Mrs C

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not heard of the call. but we are watching The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian at our house. so I'll check it out. love the shots of your daughters lilting down the street. I too am feeling that summer is indeed slipping away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails