Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Trusting in Jesus




If there were one prayer that I could wear out it would have to be the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.  I try  faithfully say it every day.  It may not be exactly at 3pm...but hey, the way I look at it, somewhere in the world it is 3pm.

So many times, in so many forms, the devil has tried to pitch David and I into the deepest trenches  of despair, fear, doubt.  I truly believe the harder we pray at times, the darker the situation grows.  A gift from the devil himself.  And when in the midst of that darkness...it is such a struggle not to cave, not to give into that fear. 

In hindsight, everything always clears and the sunshine comes dancing back into our lives with the brightest of rays...as long as we pick ourselves back up after each fall, shake the dust from our feet, and move on down the path of faith and prayer.

I love our country!   I am proud to be an American!  I do not like seeing our nation torn and in so much pain.  There is so much unrest, anger, hurt, and despair.  With this storm that has stalled over our great nation, I see people holding onto their faith or coming back to it.  And there is hope.  We must always have hope because we do not have the right to give up on it.  At times, that is so difficult to do.




As of July 1, David will no longer be employed by the corporate world.  And that is a huge leap.  It is one decision that you wish you wouldn't have to make, but when you come to the fork in the road and a decision needs to be made...you have to take that leap of faith and trust in God. 

David has been working with wood for 23 years.  He started in his teens as a cabinet/furniture maker, and he does beautiful work!  Gradually, he went on to sell manufactured cabinetry opening his own business up in Illinois (where we are from)  and successfully ran it for 12 years. 

A little more than 3 years ago, the economy really started to tank in Illinois,  quicker than other parts of the country. We saw it coming and decided to make the move to corporate world.  That is how we ended up in Texas.

With his knowledge and skill, this particular company hired him to their Dallas district.  The first year was fantastic.  Then the real- estate issue slowly crashed its' wave of problems upon the south and the home builders took a terrible hit. 

Many cabinet companies pulled out of the market down here.  Many home builders went belly up, including David's largest accounts.   About 19 months ago, David could see the writing on the wall and started to initiate plan B. 

What is a man to do when you are in your 40's and your entire life has been spent in the home industry?  An industry where 40-50% of its economy was wiped out.  At that age, with more mouths to feed, where do you go and make the same kind of money?  I'm not talking wealth...but only enough for your wife to stay home and home school your children...

He turned around and created Kitchens Alive

God-willing, we will make this company successful.  Not successful in monetary wealth but something that will keep the roof over our heads, food on our table, clothes on our backs.  I'm just praying for the simple things in life.

We pray a lot!  We pray for continued trust in Jesus because that devil loves to worm his way into our thoughts and plant countless seeds of fear and doubt.  To say this journey over the past 19 months has been stressful is a total understatement! 

We trust in Jesus and have faith that He will continue to guide us.  We know this story  reverberates with so many  others out there.  Each of you reading  must know at least one or two families that have been hit hard in this economy.  Families whose faith is tested day in and day out.

So I ask that when you finish reading, pause for a moment, and pray for each of those families that you know who have been dealt a terrible financial blow. 

Jesus I trust in you!

As I finish typing this, David is doing his exit interview.  I gave him a huge hug as he walked out the door.  I'm anxiously waiting for his return...I'm so proud of that man!

Prayer to St. Joseph for Employment
Dear Saint Joseph, you were yourself once faced with the responsibility of providing the necessities of life for Jesus and Mary. Look down with fatherly compassion upon me in my anxiety over my present inability to support my family. Please help me to find gainful employment very soon, so that this heavy burden of concern will be lifted from my heart and that I am soon able to provide for those whom God has entrusted to my care. Help us to guard against bitterness and discouragement, so that we may emerge from this trial spiritually enriched and with even greater blessings from God. Amen.


A Prayer for Workers
O glorious Joseph! Who concealed your incomparable and regal dignity of custodian of Jesus and of the Virgin Mary under the humble appearance of a craftsman and provided for them with your work, protect with loving power your sons, especially entrusted to you.

You know their anxieties and sufferings, because you yourself experienced them at the side of Jesus and of His Mother. Do not allow them, oppressed by so many worries, to forget the purpose for which they were created by God. Do not allow the seeds of distrust to take hold of their immortal souls. Remind all the workers that in the fields, in factories, in mines, and in scientific laboratories, they are not working, rejoicing, or suffering alone, but at their side is Jesus, with Mary, His Mother and ours, to sustain them, to dry the sweat of their brow, giving value to their toil. Teach them to turn work into a very high instrument of sanctification as you did. Amen.

~And may God bless each and every one of you!


6 comments:

  1. My husband and I are definately affected by this economy. I wasn't able to find a job before I got pregnant, and now we are hoping that we can afford for me to stay at home with our son when he is born. I stress and cry and worry how we will be able to afford having a large family someday.

    Thank you so so much for posting the St. Joseph prayer for employment! My husband and I have a deep devotion for him and we are hoping my husband can find a job with better working hours and so we are able to stop living paycheck to paycheck.

    I pray that your husband's company is successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Maggie,

    The power of prayer is unbelievable. When we first started out, I would not have been able to stay home...and here, I ended up with fertility problems. By the time our fist was born healthy, I could stay home. A strange twist of fate. But, I truly believe when young couples talk about this and are open to working really hard, they will find the way to reach their family goals. You will, too!

    If you truly desire and want it, you will find a way. Don't give up the hope. It may not happen when you want it to or how you want it to, but it will happen.

    It takes a LOT of sacrificing on the parents. Society, in itself, has become a place for flashing what we may not be able to afford, but we have it anyway. I'm sure you already recognize and know this. In a way, this terrible recession has created the path to living a more simpler life. The simpler life is a good thing to embrace!

    Don't give up. Don't worry about what you cannot control. It will only make you physically ill and that won't be good for baby. Enjoy this day and be prepared to take the good and the bad.

    God bless you, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, what a wonderful opportunity for you guys to buckle down and lift up prayers together and forge ahead. We have been through two layoff's in this last ten years. I know that times can be difficult and scarey, but I also remember the closeness that we shared and a bond that got so much stronger. The family bonded together as well. I will be praying that God showers you with many blessings. He might be sending you to Georgia, who knows! :) One can wish can't one? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's hoping (and praying) that all goes well with y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be praying for you as well! thanks for the reminder to lift all the other up in prayer right now too. Living overseas has insulated us a little, but we know we are coming home to tough times. God Bless the USA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails