Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summertime in Texas



We are truly in the swing of summer down here...heat...heat...and more heat.    I LOVE the heat! 

One of our favorite summer dishes...


BLT's...just lip-smackin' yumminess

Little Miss Sally is really starting to enjoy baking and cooking...and she is doing great, I must say...she whipped up these yummy brownies to take to the lake...


Speaking of the lake...we headed west, young man, and enjoyed a picnic with some major fun in the sun!

So much so...I had to break it down into separate categories for you all. 

******************************************************

The Art of the Launch

My kids have always been fearless with The Launch.   They crave it.  They beg for it.  They scream when Daddy enters the water...because they know that The Launch will soon commence.





Can you spell...F.L.E.X.I.B.I.L.T.Y.




And just to show you how high they can be launched...






































Stosh loves doing this!

And so does Mabel...






...absolutely loves it!

***************************************

Unfortunately, the older two girls are starting to get too heavy for Daddy to launch them. 

They decided to kick back and take in the action from the shoreline...

****************************************

The Moment

Just because this was such a great shot I ended up taking a series.








If only to be that young and carefree again!


****************************

Now, between you and me...I'd love to be launched...just once...

...I'm just afraid of looking like a total dork in the air!


****************************************

Standing Tall

I haven't tried moves like this since I was a cheerleader in high school!  Here's Ester with a balance check...










Mabel's competitiveness kicked in and she gave it a whirl...










What would you think if I told you David and I do this all the time?!    Yeah... right! 

I'd try it if somebody paid me....and paid for David's back surgery!

*****************************************

Part II tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Too cute! I love the launch pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. What lake do you go to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Lake Ray Roberts in Pilot Pointe, TX. It is big, clean, and always sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. I will put in ten bucks towards seeing your "launch". Ha Ha You are such a funny girl. And I had a BLT for lunch yesterday. One of my favorites. It's hot here too! Looks like you guys had a great time. We love the lake too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love BLT's? My big brothers use to launch us "younger" biddies all the time at the lake in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails