Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Crock Pot Potato Soup



*******************************************



Okay...so I'm looking at the pictures of my dishes and am laughing...no, they aren't dirty.  I've been having problems with my dishwasher detergent.  I've switched it twice now but I'm thinking when I accidentally purchased and used detergent with bleach in it...well...it permanently marked the black on my dishes.  (The dishes are only 18months old...darn!)

But...back to the soup. 

I think it may be for a more mature crowd.  It was delicious, but only David, Sally and I loved it.  The younger three...well...let's just say no seconds.  It was still so good that there was only enough left over for one bowl. 

David mentioned that chopped up ham in it would be a mighty fine addition.  I'm thinkin' muy bien!

Crock Pot Potato Soup
Ingredients:
5 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 (14 ounces) cans ready to serve chicken or vegetable broth
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
2 tbsp. dried snipped chives *I didn't use this
1/8 teaspoon celery salt  *I didn't use this

Preparation:
Combine prepared potatoes with onions, garlic, broth, salt, and pepper in 4-5 quart crock pot.  Cover and cook on low heat until potatoes are tender, 6-8 hours.

When potatoes are tender, coarsely mash with large spoon or potato masher.

Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine evaporated milk and 2 Tbsp. flour and mix well.  Add to crockpot, stir well, and cook on high for 20-30 minutes to thicken.

Place sour cream in small bowl and mix with 1 Tbsp. flour; add some of the hot soup liquid; stir well with wire whisk to blend.  Gently stir into crockpot along with remaining ingredients and cook on high for 20 minutes longer.  Serves 8-10.

Bon Apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails