We had a little thunderstorm early this morning, but the rain quickly ended, and sunshine ruled the day.
I am thankful for ~
* the family time I had with all of my brothers and sisters and mom over Thanksgiving.
* the opportunity to fly home and celebrate her on her 75th birthday!
(My mom with all of her children.)
I am #5 out of the 9. I have five brothers and three sisters.
(My mom and her daughters ;)
What I have read ~
On the plane heading toward Illinois ::
Oh my gosh! This was so good, so easy, so perfect for a holiday, weekend trip! (The movie is on the Hallmark Channel, how can you go wrong?!)
On the plane heading back to Texas ::
Another good book from the same author.
I am praying for ~
* all those who are alone this holiday season.
* all those who have sick ones or have recently lost a loved one.
* in thanksgiving for a safe trip.
From the school room ~
* Miss Sally and David are going on a campus tour this Wednesday at the University of Mary Hardin Baylor (sister school to Baylor University).
* Ester and Sally worked on school during Thanksgiving week and have only two weeks left in the semester. (Ester and Stan both have three weeks left.)
Around the house ~
I caved. Meet Belle.
Belle comes from a home that recently went through a divorce. The owner only sees his children every other weekend (that just breaks my heart), and this little thing was incredibly lonely.
Belle is six months old, a chihuahua, as sweet as can be, and doesn't mind the NOISE in our house. She is seriously so dang sweet. She is house broken, (we've had three accidents in 48 hours), kennels at night (thank you, Jesus!), and was FREE. We also have a two week "trial period". (I think she is going to work out though.)
We've been married 21 years, and I had always said, no way !! But something felt right this time, PLUS, the kids are old enough to take charge. We shall see...
From the kitchen ~
I had seen the recipe on FB and thought I'd give it a whirl on Thanksgiving.
Delicious. Fresh. Festive!!
Wipe rim with lime. Dip rim in cup of sugar. Poor half cranberry juice and half champagne. Enjoy!
Coming down the pike this week ~
Sunday - Advent
Monday - Kiddo doctor appointment
Monday - Basketball practise for Stan the man
Tuesday - Youth group for Miss Mabel (middle school)
Wednesday - Ballet for Miss Clementine
Wednesday - Choir practise for Stan, Ester, and Mabel
Wednesday - Campus tour for Sally (David)
Friday - TSG camp out
A last photo to share ~
(My sisters and I)
Blessings to you all during this Advent season!
~ Patty ~