Over the years I have learned that not all Easter food or activities have to be prepared or take place on Easter Sunday. It's actually important to drag these things out a little bit since Easter season lasts until Pentecost Sunday (June 4 this year).
Big sister Sally hid eggs for these two ::
I am thankful for ~
* my mom's cancer report. She is in stage 1 but will need no chemo or radiation. Thank you, Lord!
* my talented husband who put up the new front fence during Easter week ::
It still needs trim work and staining, but it is up.
On a side note:: The fence saga has been awful!! The rest of the yard looks even worse then it did here. We have a shared fence with four other neighbors. We took the brunt of the damage, and for three weeks, tried to work with the other neighbors to move ahead on sharing the cost to have the new fence put up. No one was in a hurry. It did not effect them like it effected us. This was so frustrating for us since we have had no fences (I didn't want Clementine or the puppy outside by themselves) and have had to look at unkept, weedy (as in a foot tall of weeds), trash, garbage, and junk for one month now. (Where is the self-pride in the upkeep of your property people?) It wasn't until two neighbors' dogs got into a fight that action took place. Praise God! We now have all neighbors (except one) on board, contracts signed, and checks written out to a fence contractor. We are due to have the new fence installed (it'll look like the one David built) in three weeks.
Now get this, no sooner did David finish this front fence then another whopper of a hail storm hit. Check out this hail!
Pretty but very destructive! I hate Texas-sized hail storms. It was the third horrible storm to hit in three weeks.
What I am reading ~
We have read every Easter and spring book from our bin. I love having a little one to read to (insert beating heart)!
From the school room ~
* Miss Sally will have senior pictures taken this Saturday.
* Miss Clementine officially completed pre-school. It went terribly fast! :(
(This is pure sweetness and a beautiful beginner catechesis! I highly recommend it!)
* Stan, Mabel, and Ester have about 2 1/2 weeks of school work left.
I am praying for ~
* my mom's continued recovery. This surgery was a difficult to recover from, and she is still in the process. With the top lobe of her right lung completely removed, she does not have the oxygen intake and therefore, still requires oxygen. She does not have the energy and wears out quickly due to this lack of oxygen. In your charity, please keep her recovery in your prayers.
Around the house ~
David had the honor of being this young man's Confirmation sponsor last weekend.
From the kitchen ~
Dessert this past Sunday was our snazzy-looking, blue-eyed, Easter lamb cake. Ha ha!
I am listening to ~
Miss Clementine singing her little heart out upstairs. (Insert that beating heart, again.)
Coming down the pike this week ~
Monday - high school Bible study
Tuesday - Swim lessons for Stan and Clementine
Tuesday - Youth group for junior high
Wednesday - Children's choir practice
Thursday - Swim lessons for Stan and Clementine
Thursday - Ice skating lessons for Mabel
Saturday - Senior pictures for Miss Sally
Friday-Sunday - Troops of St. George camp out
One last photo to share ~
My nightly, under-the-pillow surprise. It is Miss Clementine and I walking in the rain with our umbrellas. :)
Wishing you all continued Easter blessings!
~ Patty ~