Monday, June 30, 2014

Baking Bonanza

Miss Sally is attending Catholic HEART Workcamp July 13-19 (in KC) with the youth group from our parish.

One of the fundraisers was a bake sale this past weekend.  Each teen attending was asked to donate 10 baked items.

Since the bake sale was a donation-only bake sale,  I thought we had better bake big and beautiful items to raise the $$ - in my opinion.  Presentation.  Presentation.  Presentation.

So we baked  all.  last. week. (and our house smelled A-MA-ZING!)


(4) Chocolate-dipped pretzel rod packages, (recipe here).



(2) Scotch-a-Roos (recipe here).

(2) Monkey Bread (recipe here).


(1) batch of frosted brownies.


(2) Creamy Blueberry Pies (recipe here).


(1) White cake with buttercream frosting and strawberry filling (recipe here and here)

This was a 2 glasses of wine  (back-to-back) night when it was all said and done.  Geesh!

Where it definitely was a TON of work, the kids had sold almost $1600.00!!  Woo Hoo!

I almost had a mutiny in my house when I did not allow anyone to eat any of this ;)

~  Patty  ~

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful baked goods! I believe your house smelled like Heaven too. Monkey bread and blueberry pies?! Fuggedaboudit! Your wrapping and presentation certainly took the cake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonanza for sure!! Again, WOW!! Now that is perfect presentation and I bet your goods contributed a good amount of $$ to the cause. I'm only disappointed that I couldn't come and buy some of those yummy treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Everything looks so wonderful! I had baked some brownies and left them on the counter that weren't touched for a few days. I told YS he needed to eat them, and he said he was afraid to touch them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so buy those! We made the scotch a roos and they are amazing! :) Hope your bake sale was a success.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for leaving a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails