Miss Sally is attending Catholic HEART Workcamp July 13-19 (in KC) with the youth group from our parish.
One of the fundraisers was a bake sale this past weekend. Each teen attending was asked to donate 10 baked items.
Since the bake sale was a donation-only bake sale, I thought we had better bake big and beautiful items to raise the $$ - in my opinion. Presentation. Presentation. Presentation.
So we baked all. last. week. (and our house smelled A-MA-ZING!)
(4) Chocolate-dipped pretzel rod packages, (recipe here).
(2) Scotch-a-Roos (recipe here).
(2) Monkey Bread (recipe here).
(1) batch of frosted brownies.
(2) Creamy Blueberry Pies (recipe here).
(1) White cake with buttercream frosting and strawberry filling (recipe here and here)
This was a 2 glasses of wine (back-to-back) night when it was all said and done. Geesh!
Where it definitely was a TON of work, the kids had sold almost $1600.00!! Woo Hoo!
I almost had a mutiny in my house when I did not allow anyone to eat any of this ;)
~ Patty ~