Friday, January 10, 2014

Sharing Juicy Bits

Back in December, I posted  what you can do with Christmas card photos and Becky left a beautiful idea / comment for me…

"Idea for Christmas cards after Christmas...keep them in a bin in the school room/area, and each week take a few out. Tack them to the wall and pray for those families all week. My kids love this weekly routine!"

I had never thought of doing this and truly loved the idea.  

We put all the cards we received into this beautiful gift box.  Each school day, during morning prayers,  the kids take turns drawing one card or photo and we pray for that family (or person) for the day.



Thank you, Becky, for sharing that idea with us!

*********************


My friend Jen, has two handsome young men growing up under her roof who happened to have been born in Russia.

Well, you probably know that the 2014 Winter Olypmics are going to take place in Russia, next month, right?



Jen put together an incredible post filled with links on activities (and more Olympic information) for your kids to do.  Check it out, here!



********************

Mabel just knit this winter hat for her little sister…



Isn't it darling?

She used this Knit Loom Set that she received as a Christmas gift.

*I think it was one of the greatest Christmas gifts received in our house this year.  I found it at Michael's and it was 50% off at the time.

She also knit this one, (but little sis has claimed it as well ;)



~  Patty  ~


11 comments:

  1. What a great idea for the Christmas cards! We are SO doing that. Thanks for sharing!

    Those hats! LOVE!! How adorable. It makes me want to learn, but knit or crochet? Which is easier? This mama brain can only so easy right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The knit loom Mabel used was "kid friendly". It came with a small loom, a set of instructions to make a hat, tousle and purse, as well as three reins of yarn, and some other misc pieces. It was fairly easy. My brain needs to read "how to" instructions a few times and really slow before it gets it and I was able to do that with this set. Once the yarn that was included in the package is used up, you can always purchase yarn separately to make another project, which is what she did.

      Ester is teaching me how to crochet. It isn't as easy as it seems. Eventually I''ll get it, I'm hoping. The hat I intended to crochet for myself may not be ready till July! LOL

      Mabel's knitting kit was much easier to use. In her case, there were no knitting needles used. So I'm sure knitting can get more difficult as well. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. I agree! The Christmas card idea is wonderful! Thank you for sharing that one with us!

    And I shall be sending some ladies down for knitting lessons... I will be first, ok?!

    Always love visiting here, my friend.

    Oh, and saw my dad last night...he was tired, but so very much better! I came away forgetting that he even had Dementia!!! Thanks for your prayers. And I continue to pray for your hubby's father too. Hugs from cold PA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Christmas card idea! And the hat is so super adorable. I believe I got a comment from "Mr. Reasons For Chocolate". I am so honored! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing my post Patty! The hats are so cute. We have tried regular knitting with needles, but I'm thinking the loom might be a better way to go for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another idea for the cards is to send them to St. Jude's: https://stjudesranch.org/about-us/recycled-card-program/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard of that! That's great!!

      Delete
  6. I have heard of Becky's idea before…It's beautiful and love that you put it into action! I still have my cards in a pile so it's not too late for us…Gonna do it! Thanks for the looming knit kit tip…I think Grace would love it. She has a Hobby Lobby gift card so we will look to see if they carry it too. Yes it's darling, especially on a darling girl:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace would LOVE it! BTW, we need to let the girls FaceTime soon!

      Delete
  7. Those hats are adorable!

    I think I need to send you a Christmas card....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for leaving a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails