Sunday, January 12, 2014

Meatless Taco Soup (Crock pot)

My family has a new meatless Friday dinner on the rotation, thanks to Jen!

They LOVED it and went so far as to say it was better than the tortilla soup that we make in the Vitamix.



Ingredients::

(I tweaked the recipe just a bit in order to work around the ingredients.)

(2) 26oz Swanson Vegetable cooking stock
10 oz Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
8oz Tomato Sauce
(3) 15.25 oz Black Beans (drained)
15.25 oz Can of corn
1 Packet of Taco Seasoning

Directions::

Simple.  Mix all the ingredients together in the crock pot and simmer on low for 6-8 hours.  Easy peasy!

Toppings::

Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream
Avocados
Chips



Not only is this delicious and meatless for Fridays, but it is also quite inexpensive to prepare!

And if your heart desires, throw some meat in it and serve it on another day.

Enjoy!

~  Patty  ~

6 comments:

  1. Do you know how excited I get when I see a recipe from you?????
    Madison says thanks! She is my "pick out the meat" eater
    Have a great afternoon, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my biggest food fan, young lady! :) Tell Madison, this doesn't disappoint. The more you add to it when serving, the heartier it is.

      Delete
  2. Great tradition shared by Jen! We have always talked about continuing this after Lent but just never "do it." Thank you for the inspiration from you 2 lovely ladies! I think I'm your second biggest food fan after Billie Jo;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your picture looks much better than mine! Glad you guys liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, I'm looking for a meatless meal to prepare for like 40 some homeschoolers....for our Feb first Friday Mass....I am planning, if weather permits, sledding at our home with soup and hot cocoa....this, I think would be wonderful. We could do a taco theme......

    My other thought was homemade mac and cheese...but I was worried it would get too dry or hard or too anything.

    Thanks for the great idea! I'm pinning this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for leaving a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails