Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Daybook Post - Kansas City Trip - Jan 7, 2014

Outside My Window

Cold, but no where NEAR as cold as the Midwest!!  When we left Kansas City Monday morning, it was -9 degrees F.  (Real temp)

I Am Thankful For

So much!

~My sister Jane and her family welcoming us into their warm, cozy home for a few days.


~My kids getting to play and hang with cousins - for an entire weekend!


~Having the chance to meet sweet Valerie "in real life" ….to put her voice to her words….to see her eyes sparkle up close.


~As well as a couple of her adorable kiddos.


(The kids were excited to be at Starbucks…a first trip there for all of them I believe!)

I Am Thinking About


~The fun the kids had at Legoland KC

~The nostalgia of seeing (and hearing) a snow blower for the first time in YEARS!

(That would be my brother-in-law and one of his sons working in the frigid temps.)

~At the risk of sounding corny, the nostalgia from hearing a snow plow truck and  seeing salt spreader truck put a smile on my face, too.  (But not enough to make me want to move back up there!)

~The Feast of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton  (January 4)  - The patroness of our home school.  (My kids use Seton Home Study School.)


We watched this DVD on the car trip.  (An easy and meaningful way to remember this great woman!)


I found it on Amazon, here.  

~The Epiphany (January 6 - Traditional)  or as I called it when only a child, Three Kings Day.  

Road trip = reading time  …


Danny and the Kings, found here.   (I bought my copy of Danny and the Kings used.)   We Three Kings, found here.


The Last Straw, found here.    The Visit of the Wise Men, found here.


The Other Wise Man, found here.




From The School Room

Classes resume today. Ready to go!  (I think!)

Our only changes are ::

Stan - science second semester.   (He had history first semester.)

Sally - No more vocab.  (The required Vocabulary for the College Bound Student was only a semester long.)



From The Kitchen

Tacos tonight.  (My kids requested soft shells this time.)


What I Am Reading

~Following Mary to Jesus, found here.  (So far I really like it!!)


I Am Praying For

~ The intentions of everyone who has asked me to pray for them.

~For continued healing of my mother's arm.  (It is healing.  She needs to have it bandaged one more week.)

~My father-in-law.

~The new school semester.




I Am Listening To

My furnace, humidifiers, washer & dryer, and Miss Clementine talking a mile a minute from sun up to sun down.  


Around My House

I had a good laugh at myself last night.  I was toweling off after a shower and realized I had not even washed!  Ha ha!



A Picture To Share


Every native-born Texan needs a pair of real boots! :)

Have a great week!

~  Patty  ~

16 comments:

  1. Love this. I might have to borrow this idea of taking little snapshots of the events of my life. I feel like I miss so many of the little things because I don't have time to write a long blog post about all the details. This Day Book post is the perfect solution. Looks like your trip to KC was wonderful. I love when my kids get to spend time with their cousins. And I LOVE Clementine's little pink boots!! Happy January <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I find it less stressful….blogging should not be stressful (unless someone really dislikes a recipe I post! ha ha). Let's plan on coffee soon!

      Delete
  2. Loving those pink cowgirl boots! Welcome home, it sounds like your trip was wonderful! Our temps are colder than usual, but not nearly that cold! Good luck with this semester in homeschool, we are easing in this week and full throttle next week. My college son is still home and I'm enjoying these last few days with him here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the time with your son! I'm sure he is enjoying all the home cooking he can manage to put into his stomach!

      Delete
  3. Oh Patty! What a wonderful day post…thanks for another great link!!! We had so much fun, didn't we? Our time together was just too short. Loving the cowgirl boots..Clementine is adorable!!! I can't believe how much you two sisters look alike. I would love to see a picture of you with all of your siblings!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to get all of us together. One of these days… The last one was 18 months ago, and that was the first time in four years. Hopefully, four more years won't go by until we get a group photo again. Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Love this one, Patty!
    So happy your visit with your beautiful/almost twin sister was fun...
    And meeting Val!! How awesome for you both!
    Glad you are home, safe and sound with happy memories in your hearts. : )
    And the last picture? Love. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Billie Jo! The family gene runs strong in our family. You can always tell who my siblings are when we are all together….which isn't that often these days ;(

      Delete
  5. I just found that movie about Mother Seton on Neflix and moved it to the top of our queue. She is the patron saint of our home school as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that is where we first watched it about 10 years ago??? When Netflix was "new". We always enjoy renting the movie, I thought we should own it. It made for a great movie to watch on our long drive. Happy New Year! Hope all is well up there with your family! Still keeping you and baby in my prayers :)

      Delete
  6. Is she just a doll or what?! love her skirt too! Thanks for sharing your books and Catholic ideas. Especially that link on where you get your book ideas. I've learned so much from you... please keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks, Tara :) My love for books never stops growing!

      Delete
  7. Rats... I need to read blogs more often!!! I wish I would have known you'd be in the KC area! Hope you enjoyed the snow and cold! Maybe next time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time. Now that my sister lives in that area, I'll be up there more often I'm sure!

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful visit with your sister! I can't believe how much you two look alike!! What is the age difference?

    SO happy you got to experience a REAL winter!

    SO happy you got to meet Val!!! Wow, how fun! Meeting blog friends in real life is like meeting with an old friend, isn't it?

    Love the boots on Miss Clementine!!

    I think I'm caught up....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie Jo. It was a great visit indeed. And so much fun meeting Val! I am 4 years older than my sister. There are four girls and five boys in my family.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and for leaving a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails