Sunshine and blue skies. I LOVE summertime and have been really enjoying ours so far!
Those seven bushes in front? After all of the spring rain came, they developed a disease and I thought they were goners. David and I had to cut them down to the base, but look at how they are starting to fill out again!
I am thankful for ~
* a restful month of June
* a fun vacation with friends in Mississippi
* teens who are employed!!
* good health (for the most part that is; I did need my thyroid meds adjusted and did gain 4 lbs since October...)
What we are reading ~
I put up this post that shows the summer books in our book bin.
I am also part of an online book club for the summer. We are reading ::
* Miss Sally is actually working on Spanish III for the summer. It was really difficult for her the last quarter so she set it aside until all of her other classes were completed.
* Miss Mabel is a little bored, so she started on a keyboarding class early ;) She's excited because I received permission from Seton high school counselors to start the high school course in 8th grade and it will go toward a high school credit (elective).
I am praying for ~
* an end to abortion
* peace in the world (Doesn't it feel more and more like a freak show??)
* for all of those who have asked me to pray for them
Around the house ~
From the kitchen ~
Fresh from the garden!!
(The bird netting is working by keeping them away from my tomatoes.)
I am listening to ~
* Miss Ester play the piano
* Olympic trials on the upstairs t.v. (My swimmer is watching the swimming competition of course.)
Coming down the pike this week ~
Monday - Thursday - Swim class for Miss Clementine
Monday - I'm taking a friend out for her birthday lunch
Friday - Miss Sally and Ester are going to a lock-in with their youth group.
A final photo to share ~
Miss Sally was part of a great opportunity by taking part in the North Texas Guard Games over the weekend. I went for day 1 and chaperoned her overnight, (she was the youngest guard there).
This two day, rigorous competition with elite life guards across all of North Texas was amazing to witness. Wow!
And guess what? Our city won!!!
From the city's Facebook page ::
The City of McKinney Lifeguards competed in the 19th Annual North Texas Guard Games in Cleburne yesterday.
For the 2nd year in a row and the 6th time in the last 11 years, they took home 1st Place! The top 3 teams qualify for the State Lifeguard Competition. McKinney has qualified for the state competition 13 times!
Way to go everyone!
Isn't that awesome?!?!
Have a great week ahead, all!!
~ Patty ~